There are lots of apps to choose from and today, I’ve got a list of some good ones that cover everything from weather to finances to dining at Disney World.
This show also includes my very first guest on the podcast – Stephanie of CapturingMagic.me and the Capturing Magic podcast.
At the end, I’ve also got a quick tip on helping your kids prep for your trip.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
The apps mentioned on this episode:
- RainAware – keep track of real-time weather conditions, iOS, $3.99
- Rain Alarm – silent alarm when rain is predicted, iOS and Android, free
- MyRadar – app showing current radar, iOS/Android/Windows, free
- Transportation Wizard – helps navigate around Disney World, iOS/Android, $2.99
- iCheckBal – keep track of expenses during your trip, iOS, $0.99
- Coin Presses – helps find coin press machines at Disney World, iOS, $0.99
- Capturing Magic – plan and capture photos during your trip, iOS, $3.99
- My Disney Experience – provides lots of info and functionality, including the ability to book dining and FastPass+ reservations, iOS/Android, free
- Disney World Magic Guide – lots of features, including a snack finder, iOS, $4.99
Recommended battery charger
Quick tip of the day
To help your kids prep for a trip, watch videos of Disney World attractions on YouTube.
Another option is to get the Birnbaum’s for Kids book which has pics and ratings for things like how scary the rides are.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023