Update: Disney has reversed the decision and FuelRods are once again free to swap.
After some speculation, the news is now true. Those who use FuelRods will no longer be able to swap charging rods for free.
According to notices posted on FuelRod machines around Walt Disney World parks, you will have to pay $3 each and every time you swap a charger. This new policy goes into effect on Nov. 1, 2019.
Park guests can continue to pay a one-time charge of $30 for a kit that includes the portable battery and appropriate cable (for most Android, iPhone, and iPad devices), but complimentary swaps will be discontinued at the beginning of November.
FuelRods first came to Disney World in summer 2016 and are a handy way for people to charge their devices.
If you don’t want to pay the $3 per swap, you can choose to recharge your FuelRod for free by plugging it into an outlet. Of course, this will be more of a hassle compared to swapping for a new rod, but it’s always another option.
To be clear, FuelRod is not exclusive to Disney World. There are many other FuelRod machines at airports and theme parks in which guests have to pay every time they swap.
- Disney Announces New Disney MagicMobile Service
- Walt Disney World Announces Reopening Dates For Club Level Lounges
- Reservations Are Now Open For New Walt Disney World Swan Reserve
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Is No Longer Reopening In December 2021
- 2022 Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Now Available To Book
- Mears Connect review: Is the airport transportation service worth your time and money? - January 20, 2022
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Restaurant Finally Opening In 2022 At Toy Story Land - January 19, 2022
- 2022 Garden Rocks Concert Series Lineup Announced For Flower & Garden - January 12, 2022