It was recently announced that Disney will allow dogs at Disney World resorts. Let’s discuss what to expect at the resorts that are now allowing dogs.
I also have a quick tip to help you keep track of your touring plans during your trip.
While articles on this site are updated frequently as changes occur, podcast audio and show notes are not. The text below is show notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a first-timer trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Watch on YouTube!
Check out this episode at https://youtu.be/eybn9G8j__8
Dogs at Disney World
Previously (and still currently) available for dogs at Disney World
- Ft. Wilderness pet-friendly campsites
- Best Friends Pet Care
- Service animals
- Art of Animation Resort
- Port Orleans Riverside Resort
- Yacht Club Resort
- Cabins at Ft. Wilderness
- Magical Express (must be in a carrier)
- Minnie Vans (must be in a carrier)
- Dogs at Disney World are not permitted in Disney Springs, theme parks, monorails, boats, pools, club lounges, dining areas, and fitness centers
Disney World dog policies
- Max of 2 dogs per room (no breed or weight restrictions)
- Can’t be left alone for more than 7 hours
- If dogs make noise, you’ll be called to address it within 30 minutes
- Must use the “Do Not Disturb” door hanger (housekeeping can only come in when guests are present)
- Must have up-to-date vaccinations
- Must be leashed in public areas
What to expect at Disney World resorts
- Increased price ($50/night at Value and Moderates, $75/night at Deluxe)
- Will receive Pluto’s Welcome Kit (includes a mat, bowls, a pet ID tag, disposable bags, puppy pads, dog walking maps, and Pluto “Do Not Disturb” door hanger)
- Pet merchandise coming to resort gift shops
- Dog-specific floors or sections
Dog relief areas at Disney World resorts
Specific areas of the 4 resorts have been designated as dog relief areas. Check out the maps of where these are located at Yacht Club, Port Orleans Riverside, Ft. Wilderness, and Art of Animation.
Best Friends Pet Care
Best Friends Pet Care can provide doggie day care, boarding, and grooming. Reservations can be made at BestFriendsPetCare.com.
Things to consider
- Lots of hotels have been allowing dogs for years – Kimpton, some Four Seasons locations, Fairmont hotels, many Marriotts
- “Demand is growing year-on-year, with a large proportion of hotels across the globe now not only accommodating for pets, but also advertising this key feature.” – Hotels.com
- Consider using room requests or booking a resort that doesn’t allow dogs
- Feedback can be emailed or called in to Disney – [email protected]
Quick tip of the day
Listener Brandyn emailed this tip:
“I was wanting everyone on our trip to have a copy of our daily plans so that I don’t feel like I’m having to direct everyone, but I wanted them off phones for ease.
I printed our daily plans on pocket-sized pieces of paper and then laminated them so they’ll be sweat and water resistant!
You can buy laminators for under $20, and I use it for a lot of other stuff. Or you could have them laminated at an office supply store.”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- 2022 Disney+ Subscriber Holiday Offer Announced For Walt Disney World Resort
- More Than 350 New Disney Vacation Club Cabins Will Replace Existing Cabins at Fort Wilderness
- Minnie Van Service to Orlando International Airport Is Resuming For Club Level Guests
- Walt Disney World Annual Passholder 2022 Holiday Room Discount Now Available
- Summer 2023 Disney Visa Cardmember Offer Announced For Select Disney World Resort Hotels
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023