No one likes to deal with parking, especially when you’re visiting the happiest place on earth.
But alas, it’s a reality you can’t avoid.
Disneyland Resort is a lot different than Walt Disney World in the sense that the Anaheim resort is a lot smaller. But even though its size may be quaint it is still a good idea to understand how everything works (including the parking) before you arrive.
If you’ve never been to Disneyland, you definitely want to keep reading for information about parking structures, pricing, and the best place to park depending on which area of the resort you’re visiting.
UPDATE: The information below may be impacted by current reopening procedures. Please visit our Disneyland reopening guide for the most up-to-date information.
Driving to Disneyland
If you plan to arrive to Disneyland Resort by car, below are the available routes and parking locations.
California Adventure and Disneyland
Follow the signs for Theme Parks Parking (open 90 minutes prior to the earliest park opening time) and park at the following parking structures based on the route you take:
Park at the Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals Parking Structures if you are traveling:
- South on I-5
- East on CA-91
- From Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
- From Long Beach Airport (LGB)
- From Bob Hope Airport (BUR)
Park in the Toy Story Parking Area if you are traveling:
- North on I-5
- West on CA-91
- On CA-22
- From John Wayne Airport (SNA)
- From Ontario International Airport (ONT)
*Recreational and oversized vehicles can only park at the Toy Story Parking Area. Be sure to follow signs to available entrances from South Harbor Boulevard, West Katella Avenue, and South Haster Street.
Daily Standard Theme Park Parking Rates:
- $25.00 per car or motorcycle (you can purchase parking vouchers ahead of time)
- $30.00 per oversized vehicle, motor home or tractor (without trailer) – at the Toy Story Parking Area only
- $35.00 per bus or tractor (with extended trailer) – at the Toy Story Parking Area only
Daily Preferred Parking Rates:
- $40.00 per vehicle
- $15.00 per vehicle to upgrade pre-purchased parking
*Preferred parking includes: closer access to elevators and escalators and is only available at the Mickey & Friends Parking Structure and Pixar Pals Parking Structure. If you’ve previously purchased parking or have an Annual Pass that includes parking, you can pay the difference for that day’s upgrade to Preferred Parking at any Mickey & Friends and Pixar Pals Parking Structure toll booth.
Complimentary parking lot trams will shuttle guests to the parks from the Mickey & Friends Parking and Pixar Pals Parking structures. Trams operate until about one hour after the last theme park closes.
Downtown Disney parking is located off of Disneyland Drive, between West Katella Avenue and Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
You can get three hours of same-day parking with a $20 minimum purchase and validation from any Downtown Disney location. Or, you can get up to five hours of same-day parking with validation from any Downtown Disney table-service restaurant.
Restaurants and lounges at Disneyland Resort hotels don’t validate for Downtown Disney District parking areas.
Beyond the three and five hours offerings, each additional hour costs $14, charged in 30-minute increments, with a minimum $7 charge after the initial 15-minute grace period. The maximum daily parking and lost ticket fee is $56.
Official Disneyland Hotels
If you’re heading towards the official Disneyland Resort Hotels, follow signs for each individual hotel: the Disneyland Hotel, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa, or Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel. For either hotel, you can choose to either valet or self-park, depending on availability.
Parking Rates For Hotel Guests:
- Self-parking: $25 per night per vehicle
- Oversized vehicle parking: $30 per night per vehicle
- Valet parking: $35 per night per vehicle
Parking Rates For Guests Visiting A Hotel Restaurant:
Those visiting for breakfast, lunch, or dinner receive:
- 3 hours complimentary parking (either valet or self-parking) with validation from these select table-service restaurants:
- Storyteller’s Cafe at Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
- Goofy’s Kitchen and Steakhouse 55 at Disneyland Hotel
- Disney’s PCH Grill at Paradise Pier Hotel
- 5 hours of complimentary parking (either valet or self-parking) at Grand Californian Hotel & Spa with validation from Napa Rose
Daily Standard Parking Hotel Rates:
- Self-parking: $25 per vehicle for the first hour plus $10 for each additional hour, with a maximum rate of $65
- Oversized vehicle parking: $30 per vehicle for the first hour plus $10 for each additional hour, with a maximum rate of $70
- Valet parking: $35 per vehicle for the first hour plus $10 for each additional hour, with a maximum rate of $105
Those visiting the parks or Downtown Disney cannot use hotel parking.
Pros: Driving can be a good thing, especially since you don’t have to rely on public transportation or someone else. It might be quicker and cost less as well.
Cons: Sometimes parking structures get full on busy days, traffic can be an issue, and, of course, you have to pay, which adds extra cost to your trip.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023