We get asked about room requests at Caribbean Beach Resort more than any other resort. The answer to the question is “it depends” as there are lots of factors to consider.
Here’s what you need to know:
How to request a room at Disney’s Caribbean Beach
Sometimes making a room request at Disney World can feel like a game of chance, but we have had excellent luck doing these 4 things.
To be clear – this isn’t a guarantee you’ll get your exact request, but it definitely will increase your odds:
- Make sure that the room category you book (Standard, Preferred, 5th Sleeper, etc.) is available in the location you desire. We indicate what you’ll find in each section on our map below to help you with that.
- During online check-in, look for requests that fit your desired location. The options for on-line check-in seem to change all the time. But for example, if you want to be close to the Skyliner and you see “close to Skyliner” as an option, make that your request.
- After you check-in online, use the in-app chat feature in My Disney Experience to follow up with specific building requests.
- When you arrive, head to the front desk and confirm your location. If you were assigned a room that isn’t where you prefer, they may be able to move you closer to your preferred spot. Keep in mind that the busier the time of year, the less flexibility the front desk may have to move you – but a little kindness and patience can go a long ways.
Best room locations at Disney’s Caribbean Beach
Ok, now that you know HOW to request a room, you need to decide which is most important to you. In general, here’s what you’ll see in each of the 5 villages:
- Buildings: 53-56
- Location tips: Building 56 is closest to the Riviera Skyliner Station and the bus stop, and Building 51 is closest to the bridge that will take you to Caribbean Cay (playground) and Old Port Royale.
- Buildings: 31-33 (Preferred room location)
- Location tips: Building 31 is closest to Old Port Royale and building 33 is closest to the path to the Caribbean Beach Skyliner station. Buildings 32 and 33 are closest to the bus stop.
- Buildings: 41-45
- Location tips: Building 41 is across the road from the Caribbean Beach Skyliner station, and building 45 is closest to the bridge that will take you to Caribbean Cay and Old Port Royale. Building 44 is closest to the bus stop.
- Buildings: 24-26 (Preferred room location)
- Location tips: Building 24 is closest to the bus stop and Disney’s Riviera Resort and building 26 is closest to Old Port Royale.
- Buildings: 34-39 (Little Mermaid Rooms)
- Location tips: Building 34 is closest to the pathway to the Caribbean Beach Skyliner Station and to Old Port Royale. Building 36 and 37 are closest to the bus stop.
Closest to the main building and pool
Want to be closest to the main building and pool?
Be sure to book a Preferred Room and then make a room request for a more specific room, building, or floor within the preferred section.
Why we like this section: great for people who plan to spend time at the pool, want quick access to food and to refill mugs, many rooms are close to Riviera Resort.
Downside of this section: kind of a long walk to the Skyliner stations
Closest to the Skyliner hub
Is being close to the Disney Skyliner hub important for you?
Book a standard or water/pool view room and then request the Jamaica section, specifically building 41, 42, or 43.
Why we like this section: least expensive room type, easy walk to the Skyliner hub, easy access to Joffrey’s at the Skyliner station, which is great for coffee and breakfast.
Downside of this section: takes a while to get to the amenities near the main building, including dining and the main pool
Easy access to Riviera Resort
Want easy access to Disney’s Riviera including their Skyliner station, buses, and dining?
Book a standard or water/pool view room and then request the Aruba section in buildings 54, 55, or 56.
Why we like this section: easy access to Riviera Resort amenities, including the Skyliner station there, their buses (which go directly to the parks, unlike CBR buses which have lots of internal resort stops), and their dining (which includes their fantastic Quick Service and the crazy popular Topolino’s restaurant)
Downside of this section: can take time to get to the main building amenities, will have to stop at main Skyliner hub to transfer to Hollywood Studios if you use the Riviera Skyliner station
Little Mermaid Rooms
Interested in checking out The Little Mermaid rooms at Caribbean Beach?
Book a Standard room and request the Trinidad section and request buildings 34 or 35 to be closest to The Skyliner and Old Port Royale.
Why we like this section: It feels a lot quieter and the unique configuration of The Little Mermaid rooms are great and include unique furnishings including a loveseat.
Downside of this section: They are so very, very far away from everything. If you wind up in the very last building, it is a hike anywhere and although there is an internal shuttle, you can wind up waiting a long time.