So you’re about to leave for your Disney World trip and you want to keep your kids busy en route while getting them in the Disney spirit…
Or maybe your kids think the wait for their Disney World trip is sooooo long and need something to help pass the time…
Here are my favorite Disney-themed activities for kids to pass the time while they wait for their trip to start.
I have a tradition of packing my kids’ backpacks before a trip with some surprises to keep them busy while we’re on your way to our destination.
All of the items on this list are things that have ended up in their backpacks before a Disney trip and items I can recommend for your kids.
For older kids (geared to kids ages 10+, although my son read them when he was 8 so you could go younger), this series of books is super entertaining. They are fiction books whose stories take place in Disney World. Each book in the series takes place in a different park (one takes place on a Disney cruise).
This first book in the series, Disney After Dark, takes place at the Magic Kingdom. You will never, ever look at It’s a Small World the same after reading this.
If you want to get a Disney World guide, I would pick between this one and the Birnbaum’s Guide because you probably won’t need both.
I highly recommend it for kids who like a challenge and think it’s fun to learn.
Price: $14.50 – 19.95
You can find more ideas in my article on packing vacation bags for various ages as well.
- Reopening Dates Announced For Port Orleans Resorts, All-Star Music & Sports
- Walt Disney World Announces Reopening Dates For Club Level Lounges
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Can Be Booked Through End Of 2021
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Will Reopen In Summer 2021
- Water Taxi Transportation Resumes Service At Polynesian
- Ken & Emily from Mousehacking first trip w/a baby – PREP281 - July 9, 2021
- Rachel’s June Friend Trip – PREP280 - July 2, 2021
- Disney Reveals Special Evening Hours & Early Park Entry Debut For The 50th - June 30, 2021