(Info last updated: October 3, 2015)
Today, I have 5 secret Disney World tips that you might not know.
After hearing each one, you’ll have to decide if they make sense for you.
I also have a quick tip of the day regarding what time of day you can make FastPass+ reservations.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Link to recent posts
Guide to Disney World discounts – https://wdwprepschool.com/guide-to-disney-world-discounts/
5 secret tips
Many of these fall into a grey area where some people may decide that they are ethical and others will decide that they aren’t. Disney allows all of these things so decide for yourself if they make sense for you.
1. Quick Service credits aren’t divided between adults and kids
Although Table Service credits are split between kids and adults, Quick Service credits aren’t. That means that you can order adult meals at Quick Service restaurants for your children.
2. Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom has its own entrance
There’s a gift shop inside Rainforest Cafe that has its own entrance into Animal Kingdom. If the main gates seem busy, you can check out the Rainforest Cafe entrance to see if it’s less crowded.
(Updated 2/3/2015: this is no longer available)
3. You can get a FastPass+ reservation at Be Our Guest even if you aren’t invited
Disney has a FastPass+ to eat lunch at Be Our Guest but they will tell you that it’s by invitation only. The fact is that it’s available to anybody.
You can get the reservation by visiting Be Our Guest Lunch. You will need your 12-digit numeric confirmation number (not the alphanumeric confirmation number) which can be found in your My Disney Experience account before MagicBands ship, on Magical Express luggage tags and in some emails that Disney sends.
These open up about a month beforehand so reservations for March will open up in mid-February.
4. Off-site guests can make on-site reservations to take advantage of some perks
People staying off-site often want to take advantage of on-site benefits such as Extra Magic Hours or being able to make FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance. One way to do that is with a reservation for a campsite at Ft. Wilderness. The reservation works for up to 9 people.
People who stay at Ft. Wilderness are not a fan of these “phantom bookings” but other people will argue that when you pay for the spot, it’s up to you how you use it.
5. Valet for $25/day at any Deluxe Resort (Updated 10/3/2015 – valet prices changed)
All Disney World Deluxe Resorts have valet parking available for $25/day. The non-valet parking has a limit of about 3 hours. This is especially convenient if you have a breakfast reservation at a resort and want to keep your car there as opposed to re-parking in another parking lot.
As long as you have your valet tag or receipt, you can valet anywhere on-site all day without paying any extra (though you should tip at each location).
Note: in the podcast, I said that on-site guests get free parking for up to 3 hours. I should have clarified that I meant when parking at other resorts. On-site guests using the general parking at the theme parks can park there all day.
Quick tip of the day
When making FastPass+ reservations 60 days in advance, you can begin at
midnight eastern time (Updated May 19, 2016: it’s now 7 a.m. eastern time). This is different than dining reservations which begin at 6 a.m. eastern time 180 days in advance.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Questions or other tips to share?
Please feel free to share them in the comments.
- Valet Parking Is Returning To Walt Disney World Resort Hotels
- Disney Park Pass System Extended Through Early January 2023
- Disney World Dining Reservations Made During Recent Glitch Will Be Canceled
- Package Pickup Returning To Walt Disney World Parks For Limited Time
- Walt Disney World Releases Date-Based, Multi-Day Ticket Update
- Tom’s U.K. Disney Cruise to Nowhere – PREP288 - September 24, 2021
- Jessica’s surprise birthday trip for her son – PREP287 - September 17, 2021
- How to get from the Orlando airport to Disney World - September 9, 2021