Today, I have a list of 10 things most first-time visitors to Disney World don’t know before their trips, including some info to help explain each of these things.
I also have a quick tip about how to know when to book the flights for your trip, especially since prices have gone up the last couple of years so it’s hard to know when you’re getting a good deal.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Link to previous post
10 things most first-timers don’t know
- How big Disney World is
- How long transportation takes
- There’s no gum sold at Disney World
- Hidden Mickeys are everywhere – HiddenMickeyGuy.com provides info on that
- You can trade pins – this post has great tips on how that works
- Disney has a free My Disney Experience app
- Adults can ride, even if kids don’t want to – see my Rider Switch article for more details
- You can book your trip even before discounts are announced and apply the discount later
- 3 of the 4 parks open early and you should arrive 30-45 minutes early to all parks
- You will most likely suffer withdrawals after your trip
Quick tip of the day
When searching for airfare, use Bing.com/travel to see if now is a good time to buy
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Did you learn anything or would you like to add to the list?
Please feel free to share them in the comments.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon: Comparing the Disney World Water Parks - September 29, 2023
- What’s coming in late 2023 and early 2024 – PREP 376 - September 26, 2023
- Dishing with Bethany Vinton – PREP 375 - September 19, 2023