Getting your phone ready for your Disney World trip – PREP042
Smartphones are a huge part of most people's Disney World trips but you don't want to find yourself in a situation with a dead battery, no memory or without the right apps.
Today, I have tips for prepping your phone before your trip and a quick tip on saving money for your vacation.
These are notes from this episode. There's much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Before your trip
- Free up space by deleting unnecessary photos, apps, etc.
- Upload photos to a storage service such as Dropbox
- Take screenshots and/or print reservations in case the My Disney Experience app doesn't work
- Create shortcuts to mobile sites
- Learn how to use your phone's camera
- Enable features like Find my Phone and Find My Friends
Keep your phone battery from dying
Use an external battery charger (I suggest this Amazon charger) and/or take your wall charger into the parks with you to plug in at restaurants or charging stations.
Install free apps
Free apps mentioned in this episode:
- My Disney Experience
- Your airline's app
- Airport app such as Gate Guru
- Flashlight app
- Lines app from Touring Plans
- Weather Channel app
- Postcard on the Run
Paid apps mentioned in this episode
- Heads Up
Accessories for phones
- Waterproof case such as the Dry Pak
- Photo lens kit
- Durable case
Quick tip of the day
To save for your trip, try saving $1 the first week, $2 the second week, etc. After 52 weeks, you'll have over $1300 saved. After 2 years, you'll have over $5000 saved.
Use WolframAlpha.com to figure out how much money you'd have after a certain number of weeks by typing in the phrase "the XXth triangular number" where XX = the number of weeks.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go.
Do you have any questions or additional suggestions for ways to prepare your phone before a trip? Feel free to share in the comments.