If you aren’t satisfied with your Walt Disney World MagicBand, you’ll soon be able to purchase the brand new MagicBand+.
On Thursday, Sept. 30, Disney announced MagicBand+, which includes all of the same features as a regular MagicBand with some interactive additions.
Disney describes MagicBand+ as “the next-generation wearable technology.”
At different parts of your theme park experience, “MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with color-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition.”
For example, you’ll be able to use the MagicBand upgrade to engage with the following:
- Take on the role of a bounty hunter in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios and find virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost.
- Interact with the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection.
- Experience nighttime spectaculars as your band lights up and complement the magic in the skies, including with Harmonious and Disney Enchantment.
There will even be fun new designs to choose from, like this one seen here:
You’ll be able to purchase MagicBand+ beginning next year. There will also be a discounted, pre-arrival price for Disney Resort hotel guests and also renewing Disney World Annual Passholders. Exact pricing hasn’t been revealed yet.
Don’t worry, current MagicBands are still available and will continue to be alongside the launch of MagicBand+. The same with the complimentary Disney MagicMobile service.
You can learn more about MagicBand+ courtesy of our handy guide explaining all of the ins and outs.
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Walt Disney World Announces New Annual Passes, On Sale September 8
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ New Year’s 2022 Walt Disney World Offer
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort Set To Finally Reopen In March 2022