If you aren’t satisfied with your Walt Disney World MagicBand, you’ll soon be able to purchase the brand new MagicBand+.
On Thursday, Sept. 30, Disney announced MagicBand+, which includes all of the same features as a regular MagicBand with some interactive additions.
Disney describes MagicBand+ as “the next-generation wearable technology.”
At different parts of your theme park experience, “MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with color-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition.”
For example, you’ll be able to use the MagicBand upgrade to engage with the following:
- Take on the role of a bounty hunter in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios and find virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost.
- Interact with the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection.
- Experience nighttime spectaculars as your band lights up and complement the magic in the skies, including with Harmonious and Disney Enchantment.
There will even be fun new designs to choose from, like this one seen here:
You’ll be able to purchase MagicBand+ beginning next year. There will also be a discounted, pre-arrival price for Disney Resort hotel guests and also renewing Disney World Annual Passholders. Exact pricing hasn’t been revealed yet.
Don’t worry, current MagicBands are still available and will continue to be alongside the launch of MagicBand+. The same with the complimentary Disney MagicMobile service.
- Disney Announces New Disney MagicMobile Service
- Complimentary MagicBands Now Cost $5 For Disney Resort Hotel Guests
- Epcot’s Harmonious & New Magic Kingdom Nighttime Show Debuting For The 50th
- Walt Disney World Posts Park Hours For Christmas Week & Extends Even More
- New Disney After Hours BOO BASH Coming To Magic Kingdom For Halloween
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Returns In December 2021 - October 5, 2021
- Disney Announces New MagicBand+, Launching In 2022 - September 30, 2021
- Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Launches On March 1, 2022 - September 30, 2021