If you aren’t satisfied with your Walt Disney World MagicBand, you’ll soon be able to purchase the brand new MagicBand+.
On Thursday, Sept. 30, Disney announced MagicBand+, which includes all of the same features as a regular MagicBand with some interactive additions.
Disney describes MagicBand+ as “the next-generation wearable technology.”
At different parts of your theme park experience, “MagicBand+ will come alive at various times with color-changing lights, haptic vibrations, and gesture recognition.”
For example, you’ll be able to use the MagicBand upgrade to engage with the following:
- Take on the role of a bounty hunter in Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios and find virtual bounties throughout Black Spire Outpost.
- Interact with the Disney Fab 50 Character Collection.
- Experience nighttime spectaculars as your band lights up and complement the magic in the skies, including with Harmonious and Disney Enchantment.
There will even be fun new designs to choose from, like this one seen here:
You’ll be able to purchase MagicBand+ beginning next year. There will also be a discounted, pre-arrival price for Disney Resort hotel guests and also renewing Disney World Annual Passholders. Exact pricing hasn’t been revealed yet.
Don’t worry, current MagicBands are still available and will continue to be alongside the launch of MagicBand+. The same with the complimentary Disney MagicMobile service.
You can learn more about MagicBand+ courtesy of our handy guide explaining all of the ins and outs.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- We stayed in an All-Star Music Family Suite: here’s our review - September 28, 2023
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at Garden Grill review: is lunch and dinner worth it? - September 27, 2023
- Be Our Guest review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023