It might be summertime, but that’s not stopping Walt Disney World from announcing Christmas news, including 2023 dates for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party and a **BRAND NEW** way to celebrate the holidays over at Hollywood Studios!
Let’s take a look at all of the holiday news Disney just shared in the middle of June (hey, it’s almost halfway to Christmas).
Halfway to the Holidays
This week has been a flurry of fun, with lots of holiday news dropped. Make sure you get caught up on everything that’s been shared:
- 2023 Holiday Resort Offers and Discounts Announced
- 2023 & 2024 Disney Cruise Line Merrytime Cruise Details Announced
- 2023 Disneyland Holiday News Announced
Celebrate the Season in Style With Disney Jollywood Nights
Hollywood Studios is our favorite place to be for the Holidays, so we’re very excited about this BRAND-NEW holiday event. Here’s what you need to know:
Are you ready for a holiday celebration like no other? Imagine being immersed in a world of sparkling decorations, modern beats blending with classic holiday songs, and indulging in mouthwatering dishes and craft cocktails. Get ready to experience the nostalgia and glamour of Disney Jollywood Nights, a brand-new event taking place at Disney’s Hollywood Studios on select nights from November 11 to December 20, 2023.
It sounds ABSOLUTELY dreamy and very old-school Hollywood!
Disney Jollywood Nights Dates & Ticket Prices
You can catch Jollywood Nights from 8:30 PM to 12:30 AM on 10 select nights from November 11 to December 20, 2023:
- November: 11, 18, 20, 27, 29
- December: 4, 6, 16, 18, 20
Ticket prices will range from $159 – $179 per person and go on sale July 6.
Here’s what is included:
- Festive welcome to Disney Jollywood Nights with a DJ spinning holiday tunes
- Experience a lively Latin Street Fair on Commissary Lane
- Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy host a live holiday special at Theater of the Stars
- Hyperion Theater hosts a spirited Nightmare Before Christmas sing-along, complete with special guests appearances by Jack Skellington and Oogie Boogie.
- Access to favorite rides and coasters, including Slinky Dog Dash, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror, and Rise of the Resistance (Special Note: Rise of the Resistance will use a Virtual Queue during Disney Jollywood Nights)
- Holiday-themed Magic Shots, 2 new PhotoPass experiences – and the best part, PhotoPass photos captured during the event are included with the price of your ticket
- Meet Disney characters including Mickey and Minnie and the rest of the gang in Animation Courtyard and Powerline Max, Phineas and Ferb at Echo Lake, and Edna Mode and other super friends at Pixar Place.
- Holiday-themed treats and specialty offerings available for purchase.
- Encounter glitz and glamour at two limited-capacity entertainment experiences: Jazz lounge at The Hollywood Brown Derby and an Other-worldly soiree at The Hollywood Tower Hotel Courtyard where the area will be transformed into the Tip Top Lounge referenced on the ride, complete with immersive 1920’s theming, a ghostly band, crafted cocktails, and custom food.
- Wrap up the night with the return of “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” nighttime spectacular with music, fireworks, special effects, and projections.
The return of “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!”
No holiday celebration is complete without a grand finale, and after a long hiatus, Hollywood Studios will see the return of their holiday grand finale “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” for Disney Jollywood Nights.
This larger-than-life nighttime spectacular will captivate you with its vibrant music, awe-inspiring fireworks, dazzling special effects, and state-of-the-art projections. Get ready to be swept away by the sheer magic of this sensational show!
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party at Magic Kingdom
The holiday, snow-filled nighttime party begins November 9 and runs from 7:00 PM to Midnight on select nights through December 22.
While we don’t have all of the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party details just yet, we do know the following will be part of this year’s specially-ticketed event:
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks
- Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration castle stage show
- Club Tinsel dance party
- Disney Junior Jingle Jam dance party in Storybook Circus
- Character greetings with characters decked out in their holiday best
- A festive holiday overlay on The Jungle Cruise (which is available during non-party hours, too), plus MVMCP exclusive transformations of Space Mountain
- Complimentary cookies and hot cocoa
- A range of holiday treats and drinks (for purchase)
- Special Disney PhotoPass opportunities
- Ride TRON Lightcycle / Run using the virtual queue
Tickets may be purchased online or beginning July 6 for all guests.
The event dates are:
- November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
- December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22
Prices vary by event date (we’re still waiting for what days will cost what):
- Adult (ages 10 and up): $159 to $199 per ticket, plus tax
- Child (ages 3 to 9): $149 to $189 per ticket, plus tax
Walt Disney World Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club members may purchase specially priced tickets (save $10 per ticket) for select dates.
Important: Those with MVMCP tickets do not have to purchase additional day theme park tickets or make theme park reservations in order to enter Magic Kingdom on their designated party day. But, remember, you can only enter as early as 4 p.m. If you want to visit Magic Kingdom prior to that time, you must have valid theme park admission and park reservations.
- Be sure to check out our guide to MVMCP, which we will continuously update as we learn more details about the party!
Frozen Holiday Surprise at Magic Kingdom
The Dream Lights are NOT returning, but there will be a new castle show that will be shown during regular park hours AND during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.
Here’s what Disney says:
“For the first time in forever, guests will be able to join Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and the Snowgies in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom for “Frozen Holiday Surprise,” a brand new “Frozen”-inspired entertainment experience that will illuminate the castle in a whole new way.“
Can’t wait to hear more details!
In addition to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, Disney also announced other ways the most magical place on earth is celebrating the joyous time of year.
While we don’t know every single detail just yet, here’s what we do know!
Epcot International Festival of the Holidays
At the end of November, the Epcot International Festival of the Holidays will return to Epcot!
This year, the Festival of the Holidays kicks off on November 24 and wrap ups on December 30.
Of course, the Candlelight Processional is returning. We don’t know the narrators for 2023 yet, nor do we know anything regarding reservations for Candlelight Processional Dining Packages (which guarantee you a spot for the show). We will update you whenever we learn more.
You can also expect other festival favorites to return as well, including Holiday Kitchens, the World Showcase Storytellers, and the Cookie Stroll.
We also know that Santa will be back greeting guests at the Odyssey Pavilion (November 24-December 24) and that Living with the Land will once again be transformed into the Glimmering Greenhouses all decked out for the season.
2 things we did NOT hear about that we would not be surprised to see return are the Holiday MixTape version for Guardians of the Galaxy, and of course, a special light show for Spaceship Earth.
If Disney Jollywood Nights isn’t your cup of tea, Hollywood Studios is once again spreading lots of holiday cheer during normal park hours and outside the new specially-ticketed event:
Sunset Season Greetings
In addition to the amazing decor and music that takes over Hollywood Studios at Christmastime (it’s the absolute best and definitely our favorite park to visit during the holidays), you can once again expect to watch Sunset Seasons Greetings play on a loop each night.
This is when the Tower of Terror transforms with holiday projections, including a snowy corner of Arendelle, a Muppets gingerbread masterpiece, a Toy Story toy hotel, and a Dickensian village inspired by Mickey’s Christmas Carol.
Other Hollywood Studios holiday goodies
Plus, there are a few more ways you can enjoy the season:
- Limited-time addition of Olaf to “For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration”
- Minnie Mouse will be hosting a holiday feast at Hollywood & Vine
- Toy Story Land characters dressed up in their holiday attire
The adorable Merry Menagerie puppets will be back roaming around Discovery Island in front of the Tree of Life!
They don’t usually have a set schedule, but the My Disney Experience app should have a showtime range of their daily appearances.
Tree of Life – Holiday Edition
At night, you can catch holiday projects on the Tree of Life, which typically play every 15 minutes or so.
Mickey and Minnie in Festive Holiday Attire
For 2023 you’ll be able to meet Mickey and Minnie dressed up in the holiday attire at Adventurer’s Outpost.
Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll
The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll is back and will once again allow you to enjoy the many beautifully decorated trees scattered around Disney Springs, all while partaking in a completely complimentary scavenger hunt.
More Disney Springs holiday fun
Jock Lindsey’s Hangar Bar will turn into Jock Lindsey’s Holiday Bar again, with special decorations and a limited-time holiday menu.
And, during the evenings, Disney Springs Town Center will be home to magical snow.
Also, Santa is planning to spend some time at Disney Springs this year and you’ll have the chance to encounter Toy Soldier Stilt Walkers and Snowflake Skaters, too!
Walt Disney World Resorts
Decorations and gingerbread displays
Of course, you should take time to visit the different hotels to view their special holiday decor — and to see if they have any impressive homemade gingerbread displays (and treats)!
What We Didn’t Hear About
While we got a lot of news, there are some things we didn’t hear about from today’s announcement:
Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party:
- Dessert party (which we expect to return like it did in 2022) and Tony’s Most Merriest Town Square Party during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party (this is a thing in the past, but it is unknown if it will ever return)
- Specifics on what the character interactions will be like for the party (we usually can’t confirm these until the very first party)
- Santa. Disney has said that he will make an appearance in all 4 parks, Disney Springs and even at a water park (where he will be in his beach attire), but they didn’t say if he will return to Hollywood Studios in a motorcade OR if you’ll once again be able to meet him in person,
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Holiday edition
- Spaceship Earth show
- Candlelight Processional narrators (in 2022, these were announced in September, same with dining package information)
- Release date for Candlelight Processional Dining Packages (in 2022, you could begin booking these in early October)
- Santa. Disney has said that he will make an appearance in all 4 parks, Disney Springs and even at a water park (where he will be in his beach attire), but they didn’t specify if he will once again be in a flotilla or something different.
Holiday Merchandise Sneak peek
In addition to the discounts, Disney also gave us a little sneak peek into the merchandise we can expect to see this holiday season, including their largest Hanukkah collection to date.
There will be Spirit Jerseys (yay!)…
matching Mickey and Minnie sweaters,
holiday hoodies, both long-sleeved and short-sleeved t-shirts, and even cute and festive holiday button ups, too.
Can’t wait to see it all when the holidays officially kick off later this year!
If you’d like to experience the holidays at Disney World this year and want help with booking a hotel and purchasing special event tickets, we recommend contacting Small World Vacations.
Read more about Christmas at Disney World
Can’t get enough of the holidays at Walt Disney World? Check out these posts for helpful information and tips!
- All About Christmas at Walt Disney World
- Complete Guide to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party
- Overview of Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays
- Why you should consider purchasing a Candlelight Processional Dining Package
- Christmas at Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Christmas at Animal Kingdom
- Where to Find Santa Claus at Walt Disney World
- The Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll
- Guide to Storytellers at Epcot’s Festival of the Holidays
- Every gingerbread house at Disney World