If you’re already thinking about booking a Walt Disney World vacation in 2023, you can do so beginning in early June!
Disney announced on May 18 that Disney World will open bookings for theme park tickets, Disney Resort hotel stays, and packages for visits in 2023 beginning June 8, 2022.
Throughout 2023, Early Theme Park Entry will remain available to Disney Resort hotel guests.
Early Theme Park Entry allows Disney Resort Guests (as well as guests from other select hotels) the opportunity to enter any of the 4 theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, and Hollywood Studios) 30 minutes before non-Disney Resort guests.
That’s not the only news Disney recently announced, either.
Starting June 8, Disney Genie+ will only be available to purchase through the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit.
This means, beginning June 8 (and for the remaining dates in 2022 and in 2023), you will no longer have the option to purchase Genie+ in advance prior to your trip as a ticket add-on.
Moving forward, whether you have an Annual Pass or multi- or single-day ticket, you may only purchase Genie+ on the day of your visit via the app, one day at a time, “subject to availability,” per Disney.
For those who already purchased a ticket that includes Genie+ for dates later in 2022, you will still be able to use the service during your visit.
It’s also important to note that none of this impacts Disneyland Resort, only Disney World.
If we learn of anymore changes, we will definitely keep you in the Genie+ loop.
Be sure to read all of our guides on Disney Genie, Genie+, and individual Lightning Lane attraction selections.
- How to Use Disney Genie at Walt Disney World
- How to Use Disney Genie+ at Walt Disney World
- How to Book Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World
- The Most Frequently Asked Disney Genie+ Questions — Answered
- Best Genie+ Choices at Walt Disney World (book these first!)
- Touring plan strategies for Disney World (with and without Genie+)
- First Thoughts on Disney Genie & Genie+
- How Genie, Genie+ and Individual Lightning Lane Selections Differ
- A Genie+ Timeline of What to Book When for Walt Disney World
- Comparing Genie+ at Walt Disney World and Disneyland
- Complete Guide to Genie+ at Disneyland (including timeline and WDW comparison chart)
- Lightning Lane passes at Disney World (price & more)
- An Important Early Theme Park Entry & Genie+ Update At Walt Disney World
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents
- 2023 Disneyland Packages Now Available To Book
- New 2022 Disneyland Summer Ticket Offer Now Available For California Residents
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returning In August 2022
- Early Entry and More Limited-Time Perks at Typhoon Lagoon Announced for Disney World Passholders - September 19, 2022
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge at Hollywood Studios (Rise of the Resistance, Savi’s Workshop) - September 19, 2022
- D23 Expo 2022 blue sky ideas for Disney World (Zootopia, Moana, Coco, Encanto, villains) - September 14, 2022