Planning to visit Disney World sometime between August 2017 and July 2018?
I've got a Disney World crowd calendar of predicted crowd times based on school calendars of many of the biggest districts, holidays, runDisney races, and years of experience being in the parks at all times of the year.
Let's dive in...
Quick Disney World crowd calendar note
The cheerleading and sports competition dates were not available at the time we published this calendar. Once they're out, we'll update the chart to reflect those days as yellow (moderate crowds).
Looking for the 2016-2017 version? You can find it at http://wdwprepschool.com/disney-world-crowd-calendar-for-the-2016-2017-school-year/
Click the graphic below to view a larger version.
In this article
- August 1-13 - heavy crowds that are common in the summer continue for the first half of the month
- August 14-21 - summer crowds start to decrease
- August 22-31 - the last half of August enjoys light crowds as many school districts are back in session
Get more info on the August dashboard.
- September 1-4 - some light crowds appear through Labor Day
- September 5-15 - very light crowds in the first part of September before the fall break crowds appear later in the month
- September 16-30 - some light fall break crowds will start to appear in late September
Get more info on the September dashboard.
While the Food and Wine Festival is going on at Epcot throughout the month of October, it doesn't necessarily create an overall surge in crowds at all of Disney World as much as it creates a surge of locals going to Epcot on the weekends. That's why I never recommend Epcot on the weekends during this time.
- October 1-4 - the first few days of October should be moderately busy with some schools having fall break
- October 5-16 - Columbus Day weekend and peak fall school breaks
- October 17-31 - after the fall break crowds leave, late October sees moderate crowds for most of the last part of the month
Get more info on the October dashboard.
While the Food and Wine Festival takes place at Epcot for the beginning of November, it doesn't necessarily create an overall surge in crowds at all of Disney World as much as it creates a surge of locals going to Epcot on the weekends. That's why I never recommend Epcot on the weekends during this time.
- November 1 - light crowds before the race and Jersey Week
- November 2-5 - the Wine and Dine Half Marathon sells out faster than just about any race and many hotels will be fully booked during these dates
- November 6-12 - many schools in New Jersey have a couple of days off of school this week and families often take advantage and spend part or all of this week at Disney World in what's commonly called "Jersey Week." This time period also sees an influx of crowds for the Wine and Dine Half Marathon.
- November 13-17 - light crowds just before the Thanksgiving visitors arrive
- November 18-21 - Thanksgiving week is busy, but these days leading up to Thanksgiving aren't quite as busy as the last half of the week
- November 22-26 - heavy Thanksgiving crowds
- November 27-30 - crowds drop off significantly once the weekend after Thanksgiving has passed
Get more info on the November dashboard.
- December 1-15 - December begins with relatively light crowds before the peak holiday crowds arrive
- December 16-21 - some moderate holiday crowds start to show up as some schools release students for holiday break
- December 22-31 - very busy time at Disney World as people spend their days off of work/school to vacation at Disney World for the holidays
Get more info on the December dashboard.
- January 1-4 - the last bits of the holiday crowds will remain
- January 5-7 - Marathon Weekend where thousands of people show up to run 1 or more races
- January 8-10 - Marathon Weekend has ended but attendees often linger for a couple of days to enjoy the parks
- January 11-12 - light crowds between busier times
- January 13-15 - a 3-day weekend due to Martin Luther King Day. Many people go to Disney World during this time expecting light crowds, but it's actually 1 of the busiest times I've ever seen.
- January 16-31 - light crowds return for the end of the month
Get more info on the January dashboard.
- February 1-15 - light crowds kick off February
- February 10-16 - some moderate crowds due to Mardi Gras and many Louisiana districts being out
- February 17-19 - President's Day Weekend is very busy, especially with it overlapping so many longer winter breaks
- February 20-25 - the heaviest crowds of President's Day Weekend will subside as Princess Half Marathon crowds show up
- February 26-28 - light crowds to finish up February
Get more info on the February dashboard.
- March 1-9 - light crowds to start March before spring breakers start to show up
- March 10-16 - spring break crowds will show up during the last part of March, but not the heaviest spring break crowds which appear the first week of April
- March 17-29 - heavier spring break crowds will appear in the parks
- March 30-31 - peak spring break crowds
Get more info on the March dashboard.
- April 1-8 - peak Spring Break crowds for Easter week
- April 9-18 - very few schools have scheduled breaks during this time, so crowd levels should be much more manageable
- April 19-22 - moderate crowds due to the Star Wars Half Marathon
- April 23-30 - April should finish off with light crowds
Get more info on the April dashboard.
- May 1-22 - light crowds as we enter May
- May 23-24 - some school districts start their summers on these days and moderate crowds will appear in the parks
- May 25-31 - Memorial Day weekend and summer crowds start to appear
Get more info on the May dashboard.
- June 1-30 - summer used to be super busy, but crowds have been dispersed a bit differently in recent years, so expect fairly busy crowds in June, but not as busy as in past years
Get more info on the June dashboard.
- July 1-5 - the busiest time in the summer is over July 4 when people visit to enjoy the impressive fireworks
- July 6-31 - summer used to be super busy, but crowds have been dispersed a bit differently in recent years, so expect fairly busy crowds throughout most of July, but not as busy as in past years
Get more info on the July dashboard.
When do you plan to visit? Any questions about our Disney World crowd calendar?
Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments, but please don't ask us to compare to crowd calendars from other sites. We've explained the reasoning behind our calendar here and won't be commenting on how other sites do things.