It’s happening! Oh my gosh, it’s finally happening! Everybody stay calm!
Fantasmic returns to Hollywood Studios in November 2022, Disney announced on Wednesday, October 12. We still don’t know an exact return date.
The beloved nighttime spectacular hasn’t been running since Walt Disney World’s temporary closure in 2020 due to the pandemic.
At the end of August, Disney Parks revealed that cast rehearsals for Fantasmic had started, so we knew the show had to be returning soon-ish.
All the way back at Destination D23 in November 2021, Disney announced that Fantasmic would make its return sometime in 2022. At the time of this announcement time, an exact date wasn’t given.
During Destination D23, Disney also teased that upon its reopening, Fantasmic will introduce a brand new sequence featuring live performers, stunts, special effects, and a lineup of characters that have never been part of the show.
Speaking of the brand new sequence, it will feature Mulan, Elsa, Aladdin, Pocahontas, and Moana in heroic moments. There will also be new technical enhancements. The new scene will replace the former Pocahontas segment.
It’s unclear if Fantasmic, like Festival of Fantasy and other select entertainment at Disney World, will be a Genie+ selection.
We also aren’t sure if Fantasmic dining and dessert packages are returning along with the show. In the past when you could purchase these, the packages included their own respective food and drink experiences — and reserved seating.
We will make sure to keep you in the loop on and all upcoming Fantasmic news. Who else can’t wait to see Fantasmic at Hollywood Studios?
- Fantasmic Returns to Hollywood Studios November 3
- New Magic Kingdom Cavalcade & More Disney World Entertainment Announced
- Festival of Fantasy Parade Returns March 9, Plus More Entertainment News
- Fantasmic Returning & More Announced At Destination D23 2021
- Main Street Electrical Parade, World of Color, & Fantasmic Get Return Dates at Disneyland
- Special 2023 Disney World Rates & Tickets Available For U.S. Military Members - November 15, 2022
- Disney World Introducing Park-Specific Ticket Pricing, Annual Pass Prices Increasing - November 15, 2022
- Why we don’t think the Dessert Party during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is worth it - November 11, 2022