Did you know March is Women’s History Month? Well, it is, and Disney Springs is celebrating with several offerings and events.
There’s a lot to look forward to starting now through the end of the month with “Celebrate HER Story at Disney Springs.”
Talented female cast members, artists, and business leaders making a positive impact at Disney Springs are being honored.
Guests can look forward to special treats created by women, female-led entertainment, unique offerings, and so much more.
Here’s what to expect!
Women & Artistry
The Art of Disney and WonderGround Gallery spotlight series returns and will rotate all month long. Be sure to keep tabs on Disney Springs’ social media for the latest details.
The series will focus on female filmmakers, artists, and directors who work or have worked at the Walt Disney Animation Studios. These include Mary Blair, Ruthie Tompson, Retta Scott (Worcester), Jennifer Lee, Josie Trinidad, and more.
There will also be visiting artists:
- Fabiola Garza Villalobos: March 8 from 10 a.m. to noon at Ever After Jewelry Co. & Associates
- Julia Gabrielov: March 13-14, 20-21 at The Art of Disney
- Meredith Young: March 26-28 at Marketplace Co-Op
- Paola Gracey: March 26-28 at The Art of Disney
- Jasmine Beckett Griffith: special appearances on select dates from March 11-31 at Marketplace Co-Op
Better yet, you can catch entertainment at the AdventHealth Waterside Stage every Wednesday evening from 5 to 9 p.m. Female vocalists and acts will be highlighted, including Just Imagin3 and the Skillzmatic Band “SMB”.
Tasty Treats, Including Beer & DOLE Whip
You can also find the following treats:
- Amorette’s Patisserie: Try Chef Yolanda Lazo Colon’s Flancocho, a mix of her two favorite desserts (chocolate cake and flan).
- The Ganachery: Try Chef Amanda Lauder’s Toque Bonbon, a pastry filled with Dark 65% chocolate, Morello cherry gel, and pistachio ganache. Also, try the returning favorite Captain Marvel Chocolate Piñata filled with pecan toffee crunch pieces.
You can even snag the Mrs. Incredible DOLE Whip at Marketplace Snacks. This is black cherry lemonade, strawberry, and lemon DOLE Whip served with a Mrs. Incredible novelty straw.
At City Works Eatery & Pour House, the “Her Hops Flight” will be available for purchase. This features four female-owned/led breweries from the southeast.
They are as follows:
- Robonaut Red Ale: Playalinda Brewing Co., Titusville, FL (Co-Owners Katie Raike & Donna Scott)
- You’re My Boy, Blue!: Brew Bus Brewing, Tampa, FL (Co-Founder and CFO, Toni Derby)
- Hakuna Matata: D9 Brewing Co., Cornelius, NC (Charlotte Regional Head Brewer, Carli Smith)
- Duke’s Cold Nose: Bold City Brewery, Jacksonville, FL (Co-Founder and Co-Owner, Susan Miller)
Finally, Sprinkles is partnering with the Step Up Organization and honoring women through history with their White Chocolate Raspberry Cupcake.
The cupcake is filled with raspberry compote and topped with raspberry white chocolate frosting. You can get it from March 1-14.
Also, the “She is FIERCE” red velvet cupcake will be available on March 8 in honor of International Women’s Day.
Sprinkles will also donate over $25,000 to various female empowerment organizations, including Step Up, throughout 2021.
Don’t forget that Disney Springs also has several female-owned businesses, including:
- Erin McKenna’s Bakery NYC (Baker and Owner, Erin McKenna)
- Rustic Cuff (Owner Jill Donovan)
- Sugarboo & Co. (Artist and Owner, Rebecca Puig)
- Vivoli il Gelato (Owner, Silvana Vivoli)
These retailers are also getting in on Women’s History Month:
- ALEX AND ANI: “it’s a NEW DAY” collection celebrates women reaching their full potential through the pursuit of personal growth
- House of Blues Gear Shop: Halo Mission Jewelry Collection features jewelry pieces made from guitar strings and owned by women
- L’Occitane en Provence: 100 percent of profits from the Solidarity hand cream are donated to women’s leadership causes
- Lovepop: Special cards and gifts designed by women for women
- Pele Soccer: Extensive collection dedicated to the four-time Champion U.S. Women’s National Team
- Ron Jon Surf Shop: Two lines of product available in their stores including Central Florida-based brand, SS Designs (President & CEO, Cindy Zimmerman) and Natural Life (Founder & CEO Patti Hughes)
- Vera Bradley: New Minnie’s Garden Party and Minnie’s Garden Dots pattern releasing on March 11
There’s always so much to see and do across Walt Disney World, including Disney Springs. If you’re interested in planning a trip, contact Small World Vacations.