Well, it’s almost time. Starting tomorrow, May 20, Disney Springs officially reopens, but the experience will be very different compared to before the shopping and dining complex closed it doors in March.
Due to current circumstances, all guests and employees will have to follow specific health and safety protocols during their visit. Also, daily hours have been reduced from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. (Individual businesses may have different hours.)
All of this is certainly a lot to remember, which is probably why media and other individuals were invited to Disney Springs on May 19 to walk through the new operational procedures.
In addition to what was already announced (be sure to read our previous post on the health and safety guidelines), here’s what else you can expect:
- Prior to entry, guests’ temperatures will be scanned by Advent Health personnel using a no-contact thermometer. (NOTE: anyone with a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be redirected to another location for rescreening. After being rescreened, anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will not be allowed entry, nor will anyone in their party.)
- There are health and safety signs placed throughout the complex to serve as important reminders to guests.
- Expect to see hand-sanitizing stations at all entry and exit points, along with portable handwashing stations scattered throughout.
- To help with traffic flow, there are arrows on walkways to assist guests about which direction they should go.
- There are also signs on the ground telling guests where to stand and where not to stand, similar to Shanghai Disneyland, and to help with social distancing.
Remember that anyone who is 3 years of age and older must wear a face covering.
At this time, the rest of Walt Disney World remains closed indefinitely. We’ll keep you updated if or when more details are announced.
- Walt Disney World Is Phasing Out Temperature Screenings Starting In May
- Disney’s Magical Express & Extra Magic Hours Ending At Walt Disney World
- Walt Disney World Is Reducing Physical Distancing In ‘Many Areas’
- Walt Disney World Friendship Boats Resume Service In Early November
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Epcot’s Festival of the Arts Returns In 2022 With Disney On Broadway Concert Series - October 21, 2021
- Where To Find The Fab 50 Gold Character Statues At Walt Disney World - October 20, 2021
- How to Book Individual Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World - October 18, 2021