Disney World has changed a lot over the last couple of years. In this episode, I discuss some of those changes so you know how to adjust plans for your trips.
I also have a quick tip about saving on the Swan/Dolphin.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Links/notes mentioned in this episode
- Tomorrow Society podcast interview
- WDW Prep YouTube channel
- Summer crowds not as busy. (Watch my video on 5 reasons summer is a good time to go.)
- Hollywood Studios touring advice
- Arrive early
- Go to Toy Story Land first
- Sign up for Jedi Training after going to Toy Story Land
- Consider skipping pre-park opening breakfast reservations
- Get Hollywood Studios touring plans
- Watch my video on how to tour Hollywood Studios by lunch
- Animal Kingdom touring advice
- Similar to Hollywood Studios – arrive early, consider skipping early breakfast
- Get Animal Kingdom touring plans
- Disney Springs – so much to do there now
Quick tip of the day
Emailed from Ashleigh:
“I am a long-time podcast listener and was so excited to hear that you will be staying at the Dolphin during the same time that my husband and I will be at the Swan celebrating our anniversary in September! It made me think that I should share a tip on how we booked our room at the Swan for this trip. I was able to get a room there for $160/night using a Priceline Express Deal offer. This saved us $50 a night.
For anyone unfamiliar with that, Priceline offers significantly discounted rates on hotels without showing you the name of the hotel you are booking. Hotwire does this, as well. It is a risk, but I did some research and figured out that Disney hotels will be those described as being in the “Walt Disney World – Bonnet Creek” area. The Swan is the only one that is 4.5 stars so I knew that was what I would be getting. I also figured out that Disney hotels appear in these deals and you’ll know because a free airport shuttle is listed as an amenity. No other hotels in the “Walt Disney World – Bonnet creek area” offer free airport shuttles.
We really wanted to stay at the Yacht or Beach, but our trip was a last-minute idea for our anniversary and we needed to stay within a certain budget. This Priceline deal helped us do that while still getting something in the Boardwalk area near the Food & Wine Festival.”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours
- Parking Trams Returning To Disney World, Starting With Magic Kingdom
- An Important Early Theme Park Entry & Genie+ Update At Walt Disney World
- Disney World Spring 2022 Offers Available For Florida Residents & Passholders
- Happily Ever After Is Ending & More Disney World Entertainment Returns