In some super convenient news, the most recent My Disney Experience update allows select Walt Disney World visitors to decline housekeeping. Yes, that means you no longer have to visit the front desk to do so.
After you install the latest app update, guests with eligible reservations can enroll in the “Service Your Way” program during online check-in. It’s important to note that the program is only available to guests staying for two nights or more at either a Moderate or Value resort on Disney property.
Here’s how it works, with accompanying screenshots:
1. Scroll down on the main screen, find your resort, and click the check-in button
2. Click on “Modify Your Check-In”
3. Scroll down to “Service Your Way Program”; tap the pen to edit
4. You can either select yes or no
5. Hit “About the Program” for more details
Don’t forget to hit “Continue” and “I Agree” to finalize your selection.
Once you decline housekeeping, you’ll receive a Disney Gift Card via email. So how much do you receive? To figure out the amount, multiply the number of nights you are staying times $10 and then subtract $10 from that total. So, if you’re staying for three nights, you’d receive a $20 gift card.
Learn more about declining housekeeping and the Service Your Way program.