In some unfortunate news, Wolfgang Puck Express at Disney Springs has permanently closed. Actually, the dining location closed on Oct. 1, 2020.
On Monday, Oct. 12, Spectrum News 13 digital journalist Ashley Carter confirmed the closing with a Wolfgang Puck representative.
There were early reports that the restaurant was closing, especially due to signage and menus being removed from the front of the location. Now we know the dining spot is closed for good.
As of publication, Wolfgang Puck Express is still listed on the official Walt Disney World website as “temporarily unavailable.”
As others have mentioned, signage and the menus in front of the location had been removed days ago. Wolfgang Puck Express is still listed as "temporarily unavailable" on the Disney World website. pic.twitter.com/RgOoMhCoVS
— Ashley Carter (@AshleyLCarter1) October 12, 2020
As Carter also pointed out, Wolfgang Puck Express was included in the Weekdays at Disney Springs dining discount that was first announced in September, but has since been removed. If you’re unaware, this deal gives customers the chance to receive 20% off on select menu items at a handful of dining locations across the shopping and dining complex.
The deal is only available Monday through Thursday each week now through Oct. 29, 2020. You must mention “Weekdays at Disney Springs” to receive the discount.
The closing of Wolfgang Puck Express isn’t exactly shocking, especially since the pandemic has impacted many businesses negatively, including Disney.
On Sept. 29, Josh D’Amaro, the Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Products, confirmed that 28,000 Cast Members are being laid off across Walt Disney World and Disneyland resorts. These are difficult times, to say the least.
If you’re looking for a way to help Cast Members, we’ve put together a list of several ways to thank those who keep the Disney parks magic alive on a daily basis.
- Magical Dining Begins In Orlando, Several WDW Locations Participating
- Disney Springs Extends Hours On Fridays & Saturdays Starting October 9
- A Brightline Rail Station Is Coming To Disney Springs
- Walt Disney World Friendship Boats Resume Service In Early November
- Blizzard Beach Set To Reopen At Walt Disney World In March 2021
- Yachtsman Steakhouse & More Dining Reopening At Walt Disney World - July 27, 2021
- Our 7 Favorite Booths From Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 22, 2021
- Happily Ever After Is Ending & More Disney World Entertainment Returns - July 21, 2021