It’s official: Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park is finally reopening at Walt Disney World.
Disney confirmed on December 28 that Typhoon Lagoon is reopening on January 2, 2022!
Typhoon Lagoon’s reopening follows Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park, which reopened on March 7, 2021.
In September 2021, Disney announced that Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon, the only 2 water parks on Disney World property, would remain closed through at least March 7, 2021.
At the time, Disney also noted that they hoped to reopen at least one of the water parks on that date, pending government approvals due to the ongoing pandemic.
Blizzard Beach’s last day of operation is January 1, 2022. It will then close for its annual refurbishment, but no reopening date has been announced yet by Disney.
But, based on past refurbishment dates, there’s a good chance Blizzard Beach will reopen sometime in the spring.
As for Typhoon Lagoon, here’s what you need to know about its reopening.
Park Reservations & Face Coverings
Like at every other location across Disney World, face coverings are required for all guests (ages 2 and up) in all indoor locations, regardless of vaccination status. Face coverings are optional in outdoor areas.
Important: Face coverings are not permitted while on water slides or in the water.
Custom Dole Whip Creations
Adults can also choose to add tequila, coconut rum, or dark rum. Keep your eyes peeled for a new Moana-inspired Dole Whip cones.
Surfing Programs Return
You can book surf classes with professionals on select days prior to park opening for $199 per person (tax included).
All participants will have access to a light continental breakfast of baked goods, whole fruit, and coffee. Plus, the class includes digital photography images, which you’ll receive after your session.
50th Anniversary Treats
From Walt’s Chili Nachos to the EARidescent Ice Dream Cone, a birthday cake-flavored soft-serve treat, Typhoon Lagoon will offer a range of anniversary-themed treats.
And of course, you can also ride many of the water attractions, including Crush ‘n’ Gusher, Humunga Kowabunga, Castaway Creek, and Miss Adventure Falls, to name a few.
If you’re interested in booking a visit to Typhoon Lagoon, an expert travel agent at Small World Vacations can help.
- Blizzard Beach Tickets Are On Sale, Plus Mask Requirements Announced
- Parking Trams Returning To Disney World, Starting With Magic Kingdom
- Disney Park Pass System Extended Through Early January 2023
- Disney World Is Removing Mask Requirements For Outdoor Rides & More
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Is No Longer Reopening In December 2021
- 2022 Garden Rocks Concert Series Lineup Announced For Flower & Garden - January 12, 2022
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents - January 10, 2022
- 2022 Epcot International Festival of the Arts Menus Are Here - January 7, 2022