Let’s discuss what we know so far about Pandora – World of Avatar, plus discuss how to plan to see Rivers of Light at Animal Kingdom.
I also have a quick tip with an idea of what to do on your arrival day.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Leave me a message
Want to be considered for a first-timer trip report? Please leave me a SpeakPipe message with your name, trip dates, resort, and who is in your group.
You can do that using your computer or phone at https://www.speakpipe.com/WDWPrepToGo.
Info from this episode
Overview of Pandora – The World of Avatar
- Heavily themed with waterfalls, floating mountains, and exotic plants that come to life at night
- 2 new attractions – Na’vi River Journey (family boat ride, no height requirement) and Avatar Flight of Passage (banshee thriller ride, 44″ height requirement)
- 2 dining options – Satu’li Canteen (fast casual restaurant) and Pongu Pongu (drink/snack kiosk)
- Windtraders store with Na’vi cultural items, toys, science kits and more
Pandora media coverage
- Good Morning America’s coverage (including the Flight of Passage ride)
- The View’s tour with Whoopi Goldberg and James Cameron (including a good look at the Na’vi River Journey boat ride)
- The Chew briefly chats about a snack called Lumpia that will be available at a kiosk in Pandora
- And, finally, Nightline has the lengthiest video about Pandora, including a look at the ride vehicles for Flight of Passage
Other links mentioned
- My FB post with my Epcot 1 day touring plan
- Link to monthly dashboards (where email alert lists exist)
- Rivers of Light infographic and FB post
Quick tip of the day
Karen emailed with this tip:
“We landed around noon, stopped by our hotel for a swim, and got to Epcot at about 3 pm. We had FastPasses booked for Spaceship Earth, Turtle Talk, and Soarin’. We also had a dinner reservation at Garden Grill. It was a perfect start to our trip. I know many of your readers may not want to use a park ticket when they aren’t going to have a full day, but we felt it made for a much more relaxed Epcot day later in the week. I also liked Garden Grill as our arrival day character meal as opposed to Chef Mickey’s since after a day of traveling, etc. It was nice to sit and relax and not be dealing with a buffet.”
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe in Google Play
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- A New Exhibit Inspired By Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Is Coming To Epcot In February
- Mickey and Friends World Tour Cavalcade Is Ending At Epcot
- Walt Disney World Reveals 2021 Celebrations For Black History Month
- A Taste of Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Ends On November 22
- New Disney After Hours BOO BASH Coming To Magic Kingdom For Halloween
- Tom’s U.K. Disney Cruise to Nowhere – PREP288 - September 24, 2021
- Jessica’s surprise birthday trip for her son – PREP287 - September 17, 2021
- How to get from the Orlando airport to Disney World - September 9, 2021