Guests staying at Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows (Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is slated to reopen in summer 2021) have another transportation option.
As of Nov. 2, water taxi transportation is available in a limited capacity to and from Magic Kingdom. Of course, health and safety protocols also apply to watercraft service. Guests must wear the proper face coverings and social-distancing measures are put in place.
Water taxis are also limited at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge (Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins are open), Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa.
Speaking of watercraft service, Friendship Boats just resumed service on Nov. 1 between Hollywood Studios, Epcot, Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, Disney’s Beach Club Villas, Walt Disney World Swan Hotel, and Walt Disney World Dolphin Hotel.
Boat service to and from Disney Springs still remains unavailable.
As for other transportation at Polynesian, Monorail service is currently temporarily suspended as of Nov. 2 due to refurbishment work on the Great Ceremonial House.
But, the walkway to the Transportation and Ticket Center is open for guests to access the monorail and ferry boats to Magic Kingdom, along with bus service to Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Hollywood Studios, and Disney Springs.
Transportation has changed a bit since Walt Disney World reopened in July, so be sure to check out our guide on how Disney transportation works currently.
- Minnie Van Service to Orlando International Airport Is Resuming For Club Level Guests
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Summer 2023 Disney Visa Cardmember Offer Announced For Select Disney World Resort Hotels
- More Than 350 New Disney Vacation Club Cabins Will Replace Existing Cabins at Fort Wilderness