Celebrating New Year’s Eve will look a little different this year at Walt Disney World.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the most magical place on earth has decided to not only close all four theme parks and Disney Springs prior to midnight, but there also won’t be any fireworks.
Regarding the latter, WDW typically sets off fireworks during the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks show at Magic Kingdom.
Instead of saying goodbye to 2020 at the parks or Disney Springs, WDW is encouraging guests to ring in the new year at their Disney Resort hotel.
Below is what WDW guests can expect on Dec. 31, 2020. Keep in mind activities are subject to availability and subject to change.
- There will be “fun and festive” activities at Disney Resort hotels. These details should be provided at the resort. You can also always ask a Cast Member or the front desk.
- Disney Floral & Gifts holiday baskets are available for purchase, including champagne and room decor, along with hats and noisemakers.
- There will even be pre-recorded fireworks and other holiday offerings available to stream on in-room TVs, including Minnie’s holiday fireworks, Candlelight Processional, and New Year’s Eve fireworks.
- Select Resort retail locations will be open late (until after midnight) and will sell champagne in full and individual-sized bottles, along with board games and more.
- There will be scavenger hunts and crafts, varying by resort locations.
- Quick-Service restaurants, lounges, and pool bars at hotels will be open until after midnight.
Here are the hours for New Year’s Eve:
- Magic Kingdom: 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Epcot: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Hollywood Studios: 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Animal Kingdom: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Disney Springs: 10 a.m. to 11 p.m.