On Friday, Jan. 29, Walt Disney World announced celebrations that will “coincide and extend beyond Black History Month.” Black History Month begins Feb. 1 and will run through March 1, 2021.
First, the new Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure, an exhibit inspired by the Pixar movie, will debut on Feb. 1 in Epcot’s America Adventure pavilion.
The Soul exhibit at Epcot was first announced on Jan. 12 and will showcase the “colorful and surprising history of jazz.” The exhibit will feature Soul’s main character, Joe Gardner, as he goes on a musical tour across America with several stops along the way, including New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and San Juan.
Disney Springs is also bringing together several new offerings with “Celebrate Soulfully at Disney Springs.” These will debut in February and include jazz-inspired performances, new art displays, special food menus, and so much more.
You can expect the following at Disney Springs:
- Four new art displays inspired by Soul, created by emerging Black artists Bee Harris, Bianca Pastel, Arrington Porter, and Cory Van Lew.
- Live music three evenings per week: Motown Mondays, Jazz Thursdays and Smooth Sundays.
- Select dining locations will feature special menu items, including Amorette’s Patisserie offering treats inspired by Soul and The Princess and the Frog.
- Retail locations will spotlight products from Black designers, artists, and visionaries.
If that isn’t enough, the complimentary Movies Under the Stars program at select Disney Resort hotels throughout the month of February will show films celebrating Black culture, like The Princess and the Frog.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023