On Friday, Jan. 29, Walt Disney World announced celebrations that will “coincide and extend beyond Black History Month.” Black History Month begins Feb. 1 and will run through March 1, 2021.
First, the new Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure, an exhibit inspired by the Pixar movie, will debut on Feb. 1 in Epcot’s America Adventure pavilion.
The Soul exhibit at Epcot was first announced on Jan. 12 and will showcase the “colorful and surprising history of jazz.” The exhibit will feature Soul’s main character, Joe Gardner, as he goes on a musical tour across America with several stops along the way, including New Orleans, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, and San Juan.
Disney Springs is also bringing together several new offerings with “Celebrate Soulfully at Disney Springs.” These will debut in February and include jazz-inspired performances, new art displays, special food menus, and so much more.
You can expect the following at Disney Springs:
- Four new art displays inspired by Soul, created by emerging Black artists Bee Harris, Bianca Pastel, Arrington Porter, and Cory Van Lew.
- Live music three evenings per week: Motown Mondays, Jazz Thursdays and Smooth Sundays.
- Select dining locations will feature special menu items, including Amorette’s Patisserie offering treats inspired by Soul and The Princess and the Frog.
- Retail locations will spotlight products from Black designers, artists, and visionaries.
If that isn’t enough, the complimentary Movies Under the Stars program at select Disney Resort hotels throughout the month of February will show films celebrating Black culture, like The Princess and the Frog.
- ‘Celebrate Soulfully At Disney Springs’ Honors Black History Month
- A New Exhibit Inspired By Pixar’s ‘Soul’ Is Coming To Epcot In February
- The New ‘Soul of Jazz: An American Adventure’ Exhibit Opens At Epcot
- Disney Springs Is Celebrating Women’s History Month Throughout March
- Walt Disney World Shares Details For New Year’s Eve 2020 Celebrations
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021