Ever since Walt Disney World reopened in July 2020, temperature screenings have been part of the health and safety protocols. But, that’s changing soon.
Disney updated their health and safety measures on May 5 stating that temperature screenings will be phased out starting in May.
Per Disney World’s official website, “Following the advice of the CDC and our local health officials, we will phase out onsite temperature screenings at Walt Disney World Resort for Cast Members beginning May 8 and Guests on May 16.”
Disney also stated, “Since reopening, we have considered guidance from public health authorities, government agencies, and our own team of health and safety experts as we assess and update health and safety measures to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.”
Until temperature screenings officially end across Disney World, they will still be required at theme park entry, prior to entering Disney Springs, and before dining in table-service locations at Disney Resort hotels.
Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 F or above will be rescreened. Those with temperatures 100.4 F or above will not be allowed entry; those in their party will not be allowed entry either.
At this time, appropriate face coverings are still required for guests ages 2 and older where required and so is physical distancing. There are also other health and safety protocols still in place.
In the words of Disney, “We will continue to follow the guidance of health and safety leaders going forward and most importantly encourage people to get vaccinated.”
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Disneyland Announces Early Entry & More For Resort Hotel Guests In Summer 2022
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian
- The Best Food and Drinks at Epcot Flower and Garden 2023 - March 16, 2023
- Summer 2023 Disney Visa Cardmember Offer Announced For Select Disney World Resort Hotels - March 14, 2023
- 14 Tips for Riding Tron Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom - March 13, 2023