Who’s ready to go on a safari with Donald Duck and eat some African-inspired foods along the way?
Starting June 20, you can, because that’s when Tusker House reopens at Animal Kingdom. Reservations open June 4.
Upon reopening, this will be a modified character dining experience, meaning Donald and friends (usually Mickey, Daisy, and Goofy) will greet guests in a socially-distant way. They will continue to wear their safari costumes.
Instead of a buffet, family-style meal service will be featured. You can also browse the breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus online. Here are just a few offerings for each meal, along with prices.
- Breakfast ($42 per adult and $27 per child, plus tax and gratuity): Safari Bread, Mickey and Simba Waffles, Durban Chicken, and Egg Curry with Jasmine Rice
- Lunch and dinner ($55 per adult and $42 per child, plus tax and gratuity): Moroccan Spiced Beef, Berber Marinated Pork, Spit Roasted Herb Chicken, and Cape Malay Green Curry Shrimp
- Other kid-friendly options: Fruit and yogurt for breakfast and macaroni and cheese for lunch and dinner
If you’re interested in booking a Disney World vacation (and don’t want to worry about making dining reservations), contact a travel planning professional at Small World Vacations.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023