It’s official: TRON Lightcycle / Run will have a virtual queue, an Individual Lightning Lane, and lockers when it opens on April 4, 2023 at Magic Kingdom.
Here’s what we know so far about each of these items.
When TRON Lightcycle / Run opens it will use a virtual queue. This also means a Standby Line will not be available upon opening.
While specific details have not been released yet on how the virtual queue will operate alongside TRON, we expect it to function as it has in the past — and how it currently does with Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind.
Again, the following is not confirmed for TRON, but this is a good example of what to potentially expect. Here’s how the virtual queue currently operates for Cosmic Rewind at Epcot.
Guests must have valid admission and a theme park reservation to join the virtual queue. There are 2 chances to request to join the virtual queue:
- 7 a.m. – Guests do not need to be in the park when they join, but must have a theme park reservation for Epcot)
- 1 p.m. – Guests must be in Epcot to join the virtual queue at this time
There is also another chance to join the virtual queue for those who have access to Extended Evening Theme Park Hours.
At 6 p.m. on select dates during these special hours for guests staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort, Disney Deluxe Villa Resort, or other select hotels, they can request to join the virtual queue and don’t have to be in the park to do so.
These guests will need valid admission and a theme park reservation for the same park on the same day to experience Extended Evening Hours — or, they may experience Extended Evening Hours if they have a ticket or Annual Pass with the Park Hopper option and first enter the park for which they made their reservation.
Individual Lightning Lane
In addition to the virtual queue, there will also be an Individual Lightning Lane available for guests to purchase at an additional cost.
On the day of their visit, Team Blue recruits with a valid admission and a park reservation for Magic Kingdom on the same date may visit may purchase an Individual Lightning Lane before joining the high-speed race against Team Orange.
At this time, we don’t know how much the Individual Lightning Lane will be. You can check the My Disney Experience app on the day of your visit for pricing and availability.
There will also be a double-sided and digitized locker system for those riding TRON who have to store bags and loose items.
Inside the attraction queue, these complimentary lockers pair directly with your MagicBand, MagicBand+, or ticket media so you can easily lock and reopen your locker with a quick tap.
Guests without a MagicBand or other ticket media (such as a card) will be provided with a card to assign their locker.
All items must be placed either in a locker before you board your Lightcycle, or in a small compartment located on the attraction vehicle that can hold items such as cellphones, glasses, or wallets.
If there is someone in your party who is not riding, you can also leave your items with them instead of using a locker.
There will also be an on-ride PhotoPass taken.
You can relive your race through this dark, computerized world when you preview an onboard photo,
These will be automatically linked to your My Disney Experience account through one of the following methods:
- Use your eligible mobile device, enable Bluetooth for the My Disney Experience app before riding, ensure you’ve logged into the My Disney Experience app sometime earlier that day, and keep your device out of low power mode. Make sure your mobile device boards your Lightcycle with you and is safely stored in the small Lightcycle compartment to use this method.
- Wear a MagicBand or MagicBand+ that’s linked to your My Disney Experience account.
We’ll be sharing more details regarding TRON’s virtual queue, pricing for Individual Lightning Lane, the ins and outs of the locker system, and more. Stay tuned!
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- TRON Opening April 4, 2023 at Magic Kingdom
- World Of Color Will Use Virtual Queue When The Nighttime Show Returns
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- The Best Food and Drinks at Epcot Flower and Garden 2023 - March 16, 2023
- Summer 2023 Disney Visa Cardmember Offer Announced For Select Disney World Resort Hotels - March 14, 2023
- 14 Tips for Riding Tron Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom - March 13, 2023
Sunday 29th of January 2023
If I can't wear my glasses that is a big issue. And really not friendly to people with vision issues. I wonder if it is mandatory. Also it seems like a sports strap for glasses should work. It will be interesting to see what they will work out.