Who’s ready to hug characters and have them sign autographs again?
Disney announced on March 31 that traditional character meet and greets are returning to Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line, and Aulani Resort as early as April 18.
On March 30, Disney teased that an announcement about character meet and greets was coming and now we have it!
For quite awhile now, guests have had to maintain a safe distance from characters, who have stood behind ropes or simply waved from a cavalcade. Hugs and autographs haven’t been allowed.
Obviously, these safety protocols were first put in place after both Disney World and Disneyland reopened during the beginning of the pandemic.
But, that’s all about to change.
Per Disney, “While not all locations will be available immediately, we anticipate reopening in phases throughout the spring and early summer.” These include both character greetings and dining experiences.
In early March, Disney’s Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, Christine McCarthy, first teased that the character meet and greets many of us know and love would be coming back “soon.” At the time, McCarthy didn’t give an exact date.
It’s definitely nice to see some normalcy being integrated back into the parks, especially when it comes to characters, entertainment, dining, experiences, and more.
If there are any future character changes that you need to know about, we’ll be sure to keep you in the loop.
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- Where You Can Hug Characters Again at Disney World
- Tumble Monkeys Returning To Festival Of The Lion King This Summer
- Disneyland Announces Early Entry & More For Resort Hotel Guests In Summer 2022
- Character Sightings Are Coming To Genie+ At Walt Disney World
- Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom (Nomad Lounge, Trails, Mickey & Minnie) - October 7, 2022
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details - October 6, 2022
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort - October 5, 2022