There are several parades and nighttime shows that you can see during a a Disney World trip, but are they worth seeing, worth a FastPass+ and where you should watch them? I have answers and tips for you on each of those things.
I also have a quick tip that will help when you want to split charges on your Disney resort room.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Tips and tricks for parades and nighttime shows
- Festival of Fantasy parade – afternoon parade at Magic Kingdom that begins at 3:00 daily, has a FastPass+ option (viewing is in The Hub area) but not recommended, definitely worth your time to see, recommend viewing from the train station at the front of Magic Kingdom
- Main Street Electrical Parade – nighttime parade, has a FastPass+ available (viewing in The Hub area) but not recommended and often not available until 30 or fewer days beforehand (or not at all), watch from front of the park for easy exit or watch from Frontierland along the parade route
- Celebrate the Magic – projection show on the castle held in the evenings, watch from The Hub or near Casey’s Corner, does not offer a FastPass+, worth seeing
- Wishes – fireworks at Magic Kingdom, has a FastPass+ available (viewing is in grassy area off to the side of The Hub area) but not recommended and often not available until 30 or fewer days beforehand (or not at all), watch from the front of the park for easy exit, Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party is an option ($27/adult) which gives you an assigned table to sit and watch fireworks
- Illuminations – nighttime show on the water in the World Showcase, FastPass+ is available but not recommended (viewing area doesn’t provide a good view), Illuminations dessert party is available but I don’t recommend it, the Norway side of the World Showcase often offers a less smoky view, see this map for recommended viewing spots
- Fantasmic – nighttime show held in a large outdoor theater, can attend by waiting in standby line, FastPass+ available (only recommended if you can get it as a 4th FastPass+ option), Fantasmic Dinner Package is an option, recommend sitting further back, there’s an exit at the top right part of the theater that allows you to exit to the front of the park more quickly, more tips in my Fantasmic article
- Fireworks – only available on special occasions such as Star Wars Weekends, suggest viewing from the front of the park or even outside the park
No nighttime show right now but “Rivers of Light” is speculated to be coming in March 2016 (side note: I said 2015 in the podcast but it’s actually 2016).
Quick tip of the day
Although you can only store 1 credit card in your My Disney Experience account online, you can go to the front desk or concierge at your Disney resort and have them assign different cards to different people.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)