Princess Tiana’s dream restaurant is once again becoming a reality — this time at Disneyland!
Tiana’s Palace is replacing the French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square later this year, Disney confirmed on January 12.
Tiana’s Palace will be the newest restaurant on Orleans Street.
Per Disney, “Within its peach-colored walls and fancy green wrought-iron balconies, you’ll find elegant fixtures and appointments reminiscent of Tiana’s life and friendships.”
The film designers even took inspiration from the exterior of the original French Market Restaurant in New Orleans Square when designing Tiana’s Palace for the movie, so this is a long-dreamt homecoming.
Disney also added, “The new Tiana’s Palace will have much of the same pinch of pizzazz and flair as the restaurant from the film, offering authentic New Orleans flavors inspired by Tiana’s friends and adventures in this quick-service style restaurant.”
This is a Quick Service restaurant, meaning it is not a character dining location. That said, guests may still be able to find Tiana wandering around New Orleans Square.
The menu at Tiana’s Palace will expand on many of the current favorites served in the location, explore seasonal flavors, and offer some New Orleans classics.
French Market Restaurant (and Mint Julep Bar) will be closed beginning February 17, 2023, and will reopen as Tiana’s Palace (alongside Mint Julep Bar with its mint juleps and Mickey beignets) later in the year.
- Splash Mountain Reportedly Closing in May 2023 at Disneyland Park
- Splash Mountain Closing on May 31 at Disneyland, Mama Odie Concept Art Revealed
- A New Restaurant Will Replace Tokyo Dining in Epcot’s Japan Pavilion This Summer
- New Car Locator Feature Coming to My Disney Experience & Disneyland Apps
- More Than 350 New Disney Vacation Club Cabins Will Replace Existing Cabins at Fort Wilderness