There are so many things to do in the parks at Disney World, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend all of your time there. Today I have suggestions on what you might want to do outside of the parks.
I also have a quick tip about recording video on your phone during your trip.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Submitting questions or quick tips
To submit a question or tip, use the button below (or at this link). If you want to leave a message from your phone or iPad, download the SpeakPipe app and then click the button below.
Be sure to include first name, location and question/tip. Messages need to be less than 3 minutes.
What to do on non-park days
Most people who are searching for non-park things to do are those with longer trips. There’s a chart on my planning infographic that shows how I suggest allocating your days for various trip lengths.
- Take a break, sleep in
- Tour the resorts (see my article on how to tour resorts for some ideas)
- Go to Downtown Disney and bowl, shop, see a movie or visit DisneyQuest
- Play mini golf at 1 of the 2 onsite courses
- Go offsite to visit another theme park, Cape Canaveral, a beach, or 1 of the other many things within driving distance.
Quick tip of the day
Record video with your phone turned horizontally since that’s the orientation used on computers and TVs.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Disney World Water Park Ticket Offer Available For Florida Residents
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- New 2022 Disneyland Summer Ticket Offer Now Available For California Residents
- Parking Trams Returning To Disney World, Starting With Magic Kingdom
- 2023 Disneyland Packages Now Available To Book
- Planning Special Events at Disney World with Allison Mertzman – PREP 322 - September 13, 2022
- Gideon’s Bakehouse Origin Story – PREP320 - August 30, 2022
- Is the 2022 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party worth it? (Review & Strategy) - August 23, 2022