There are so many things to do in the parks at Disney World, but that doesn’t mean you have to spend all of your time there. Today I have suggestions on what you might want to do outside of the parks.
I also have a quick tip about recording video on your phone during your trip.
These are notes from this episode. There’s much more info included in the audio so be sure to listen to the episode for a better explanation.
Become a WDW Prep To Go Patron
WDW Prep To Go Patrons pay a little to unlock even more content than what’s on the main podcast feed, such as a private FB Group and exclusive audio that’s released on a private podcast feed.
Become a Patron Now
Submitting questions or quick tips
To submit a question or tip, use the button below (or at this link). If you want to leave a message from your phone or iPad, download the SpeakPipe app and then click the button below.
Be sure to include first name, location and question/tip. Messages need to be less than 3 minutes.
What to do on non-park days
Most people who are searching for non-park things to do are those with longer trips. There’s a chart on my planning infographic that shows how I suggest allocating your days for various trip lengths.
- Take a break, sleep in
- Tour the resorts (see my article on how to tour resorts for some ideas)
- Go to Downtown Disney and bowl, shop, see a movie or visit DisneyQuest
- Play mini golf at 1 of the 2 onsite courses
- Go offsite to visit another theme park, Cape Canaveral, a beach, or 1 of the other many things within driving distance.
Quick tip of the day
Record video with your phone turned horizontally since that’s the orientation used on computers and TVs.
Subscribe to get new episodes
There are a few ways to get new episodes of WDW Prep To Go (if you’re used to listening on the website, subscribe so you can take new episodes with you on your phone)
- Subscribe in iTunes (and please leave a review!)
- Subscribe to the feed
- Listen on Stitcher
- Disney Dining Plan returns January 2024 (plus park reservations ending for date-based tickets)
- Two New Summer 2023 Disney World Ticket Offers Announced
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- New 2022 Disneyland Summer Ticket Offer Now Available For California Residents
- Disney World Introducing Park-Specific Ticket Pricing, Annual Pass Prices Increasing
- Erin C.’s trip with two little ones to Disney World– PREP 358 - May 23, 2023
- What is the best way to get from MCO to WDW? - May 16, 2023
- Competing at The Summit and a Disney World vacation with Misty O – PREP 357 - May 16, 2023
Sunday 23rd of February 2020
This sentance needs updating: "Go to Downtown Disney ...... or visit DisneyQuest"
Friday 28th of February 2020
Podcast show notes don't get updated because the audio doesn't get updated.
Friday 12th of June 2015
Can you use the swimming pool at resort other than the resort you are staying at? Since we are not doing the water parks, I thought it might be fun to visit a different pool on a non-park day.
Friday 12th of June 2015
In general, you can't pool hop. This policy is enforced more strongly at places with popular pools (like The Beach Club or the main pool at Art of Animation). There are some exceptions such as the two Port Orleans Resorts which can hop to each other's pools.