The NBA Experience at Disney Springs in Walt Disney World is officially closed permanently.
On Aug. 16, Scott Gustin tweeted the following breaking news: “The NBA Experience at Disney Springs at Walt Disney World will not reopen and is permanently closed.”
“Disney says this will not impact their other partnerships with the NBA or their business relationship with the Orlando Magic,” Gustin also tweeted. “Disney will share an update about the future of the NBA Experience location at a later date.
The NBA Experience first opened on Aug. 12, 2019. This means the closure news comes a little over two years after the all-immersive basketball experience debuted.
Gustin also tweeted, “The decision to close the facility, which was a mutual decision made with the NBA, was communicated to Disney Springs employees via email earlier today.”
There’s no denying that the ongoing pandemic has impacted many businesses, not just Disney World.
But, since we are discussing Disney World specifically, there are still many experiences that have yet to return, including character meet and greets, shows (like Fantasmic), and full-blown parades (guests will see one at Disney Very Merriest After Hours).
Select Disney Resort hotels still remain closed, but all are slated to be open by the end of 2021.
We only just learned that the highly-anticipated Space 220 restaurant at Epcot will finally open sometime in mid-September. We still don’t have opening dates for TRON: Lightcycle Run, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, and more.
That said, we continue to see the return of many experiences and options at Disney World.
- Wolfgang Puck Express At Disney Springs Has Permanently Closed
- Walt Disney World Friendship Boats Resume Service In Early November
- BoardWalk Inn Will Finally Reopen In Early July 2021
- Walt Disney World Vacation Packages Can Be Booked Through End Of 2021
- Creations Shop Replacing MouseGear & Club Cool Returning To Epcot
- 6 Things To Look Forward To At Disney World That Aren’t 50th-Related - September 17, 2021
- Hollywood Studios Is Pausing Rise of the Resistance’s Virtual Queue - September 16, 2021
- Best Kid-Friendly Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - September 16, 2021