Well, here is some unexpected news.
Imagineer Zach Riddley announced on March 10 that the Epcot Experience is permanently closing on March 14, 2022.
The Epcot Experience can currently be found inside the Odyssey pavilion, between Test Track and the Mexico pavilion. But, come March 14, it will be no more.
It’s unclear if the seating area inside will remain open to guests or not. We will be sure to update you on this as soon as we learn more.
*Update as of March 14: the entire pavilion closed, meaning guests cannot use the indoor seating area.
If you’ve never visited the Epcot Experience, the space features a 360-degree presentation showcasing the new projects coming to Epcot.
But, now that many of those projects have been completed, like Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, Harmonious, and the soon-to-be finished Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind (slated to open in summer 2022), apparently Disney doesn’t feel like the experience is needed anymore.
In the words of Riddley, “… we have decided it is time to close the Epcot Experience on March 14 and make way for exciting new activations of the Odyssey pavilion to create a great experience for our guests.”
He also added, “We have a lot more to share in the weeks and months ahead…” including future details about Journey of Water, Inspired by Moana and the ongoing expansion of World Celebration.
In other Epcot news, Disney CEO Bob Chapek announced on March 9 during a shareholders meeting that he hopes the now paused Mary Poppins attraction can be re-funded in the future (the same for the Quinjet attraction for Avengers Campus at Disney California Adventure).
Be sure to check out our article on what’s still to come (and what isn’t) at Epcot.
- Mickey’s Toontown In Disneyland Closing In March 2022 For Reimagining
- Changes Coming To Disney’s BoardWalk Resort, Including New Dining, Lobby, & Rooms
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Opening Memorial Day Weekend
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort Set To Finally Reopen In March 2022
- The Reimagined Splash Mountain ‘Princess & The Frog’ Attraction Opening In Late 2024
- Discovery Island at Animal Kingdom (Nomad Lounge, Trails, Mickey & Minnie) - October 7, 2022
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details - October 6, 2022
- Walt’s Main Street Story & Holiday Guided Tour Returning to Disneyland Resort - October 5, 2022