Forget about those rumors (and hopes by fans) that an Encanto-themed treehouse is coming to Disneyland Park.
Disney confirmed on Thursday, November 10 that Tarzan’s Treehouse is being transformed into a Swiss Family Robinson-inspired treehouse.
Called the “Adventureland Treehouse,” it is set to open in 2023 and pays “tribute to the original treehouse that Walt Disney and his Imagineers built in 1962 for the hit movie, Swiss Family Robinson.”
Per Disney, “The Adventureland Treehouse will showcase wonderous new environments created amongst the branches of a giant tree on the shores of the Jungle River, where guests will once again enter by the giant waterwheel and follow the wood rope stairways up, up, up into the boughs.”
Guests will get to see the mother’s music den (as you can see in concept art below), the young sons’ nature room, and the teenage daughter’s astronomer’s loft.
The bottom floor will feature “an ingenious kitchen and dining room, along with the father’s art studio, displaying hand-drawn sketches and paintings of each of the rooms.”
We will update you as soon as Disney announces an opening date for the new Adventureland Treehouse.
How do you feel about the Swiss Family Robinson theme?
- The Reimagined Splash Mountain ‘Princess & The Frog’ Attraction Opening In Late 2024
- Mickey’s Toontown In Disneyland Closing In March 2022 For Reimagining
- MagicBand+ Launching at Disneyland in Fall 2022
- Pixar Changes Coming To Paradise Pier, More Downtown Disney Updates
- Story Book Dining & Boatwright’s Dining Hall Both Reopening In December
- Special 2023 Disney World Rates & Tickets Available For U.S. Military Members - November 15, 2022
- Disney World Introducing Park-Specific Ticket Pricing, Annual Pass Prices Increasing - November 15, 2022
- Why we don’t think the Dessert Party during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is worth it - November 11, 2022