According to the official Walt Disney World Website, Spice Road Table in Epcot’s Morocco Pavilion will stop accommodating dining reservations beginning Dec. 10, 2020.
No further information was provided, including if walk-ups will continue to be accepted or if the location will temporary close. We will of course update if or when we learn more.
This news comes after it was announced that Disney was assuming control of the Morocco Pavilion shops and dining locations by the end of 2020.
For those unaware, Disney wasn’t overseeing the pavilion’s restaurants, stores, and exhibits, which were also funded and designed by the Kingdom of Morocco. But, now that’s all changing.
In a statement released to Disney Food Blog on Oct. 21, Jacquee Wahler, VP Communications Walt Disney World Resort, and Rashid Choufani and Rachid Lyazidi, Operating Participants Morocco Pavilion, stated:
“After many years of working together, we have a mutually agreed arrangement to begin the process of transitioning operations of the Morocco pavilion to Disney. By the end of the year, Disney will assume operations of this important part of EPCOT and under Disney’s operation, the pavilion will continue to honor the rich traditions and legacy it has since it opened.”
According to Disney Food Blog, this change isn’t due to the current pandemic, but “rather it was a mutual agreement made between both sides to transition ownership.” The website also noted that the Moroccan Embassy and Morocco Tourism Board “are still involved with the pavilion.”
Walt Disney World continues to face many changes ever since temporarily closing in March and then reopening in July. As always, we will keep you in the loop.
- Chefs de France In Epcot Is Now Accepting Reservations For Early October
- Walt Disney World Is Reducing Physical Distancing In ‘Many Areas’
- Disney World Dining Reservations Made During Recent Glitch Will Be Canceled
- Tokyo Dining In Epcot’s Japan Pavilion Is Reopening For A Limited Time
- Walt Disney World Is Phasing Out Temperature Screenings Starting In May
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021