What about the Phoenicians? That’s one question many people are asking themselves now that Disney announced Spaceship Earth is officially closing on May 26, 2020 for its refurbishment.
We’ve known for a while that the beloved Epcot attraction would be shutting down at some point and now May 25 will be the final day for visitors to travel around the giant golf ball before its extensive makeover.
The next version of the ride will focus on the story of humanity and will follow the long journey from prehistoric humans to today. Of course, that famous Disney magic will play a major part as well.
Before you start to worry, as Disney revealed, “Many of the moments you know and love will be updated in amazing ways, blended with brand-new scenes to tell a story about our human experience.”
For example, the Egypt scene will transform into “an Egypt like you’ve never seen before, transformed through the power of light.”
Here’s a litte tease:
There will also be new narration and light will play a central role in the story of humanity by “coming to life in dynamic ways in a celebration of the magic that’s possible when we all come together.”
An end date for the refurbishment hasn’t been revealed, but we will keep you updated on all fronts.
- Club Cool & Creations Shop Will Open September 2021 At Epcot
- Mickey’s Toontown In Disneyland Closing In March 2022 For Reimagining
- Festival of Fantasy Parade Returns March 9, Plus More Entertainment News
- New Magic Kingdom Cavalcade & More Disney World Entertainment Announced
- Epcot’s Harmonious & New Magic Kingdom Nighttime Show Debuting For The 50th