Character meet and greets might not exist at the moment at Walt Disney World, but at least we have modified character dining. Speaking of, Silver Screen Dine at Hollywood & Vine returns on Jan. 5, 2021.
The character dining option is part of Minnie’s Seasonal Dine at the Hollywood Studios Table Service restaurant and will run through and a currently undisclosed date in March.
Throughout the year, Minnie’s Seasonal Dine changes with the seasons. Silver Screen Dine celebrates Minnie Mouse, of course, and invites guests to a”fabulous dinner party celebrating the glitz and glamour of Hollywood.”
Silver Screen Dine follows Minnie’s Holiday Dine, which ends on Jan. 4, and was first announced to return on Sept. 8.
As of publication, there aren’t any dates listed for Springtime Dine (March-June) and Summertime Dine (June -September).
Right now through Nov. 5, Minnie’s Halloween Dine is happening at Hollywood & Vine. Instead of the typical buffet (for health and safety reasons), each party will share a starter and then guests get their own entree and dessert. You can check out the current menu on the WDW website.
It’s unclear how long modified character dining will continue, but the fact that you’re able to grab a meal and take socially-distanced photos with characters, all while having fun interactions with them, is better than no character dining at all. Be sure to check out our guide on where you can see characters right now across WDW.
- ‘Ohana Character Dining Returning to Walt Disney World, Plus More
- Genie+ Adding Festival of Fantasy & Hollywood Studios Character Meet & Greet
- Traditional Character Meet & Greets Are Returning To Disney World & Disneyland
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular Returns In December 2021
- Character Sightings Are Coming To Genie+ At Walt Disney World
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme - October 3, 2022
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian - September 27, 2022
- 2022 Holiday Offer Available For Disneyland Resort Hotels - September 27, 2022