May the force be with you! Savi’s Workshop — Handbuilt Lightsabers is reopening at Hollywood Studios on Sept. 20, 2020.
Disney announced the exciting news on Wednesday, Sept. 9 and, yes, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experience will have limited capacity for health and safety reasons.
This means reservations are even more highly recommended. If you’re interested, you can start booking on Sept. 16 on Walt Disney World’s website or by using the My Disney Experience app. There might be even be walk-up availability, which you can check at the shop once Savi’s officially reopens.
Remember, you need a Park Pass reservation for Hollywood Studios before booking a Savi’s reservation. (Check out our step-by-step guide to the Disney Park Pass System.)
There are four different themes you can choose from when building your own lightsaber and they include:
- Peace and Justice: Salvaged scraps of fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships in Republic-era lightsaber designs
- Power and Control: Objects used are rumored remnants from the Sith home world and abandoned temples
- Elemental Nature: Components are born from the Force, such as Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones, or Rancor teeth
- Protection and Defense: Hilt materials with mysterious motifs and inscriptions
The price of one lightsaber is $199.99 (plus tax) and payment is due upon arrival at Savi’s Workshop. A carrying case is included. You can only build one lightsaber per builder per experience and the experience is limited to the builder and one guest (at least one person in your party must be 14 or older).
- All Four Walt Disney World Parks Extend Hours For Last Weekend In September
- Hollywood Scoops Reopens At Hollywood Studios
- Another Update Announced For The Rise Of The Resistance Virtual Queue
- Walt Disney World Extends Park Hours For First Two Weekends In October
- Walt Disney World Park Hopper Option Returns In January 2021