May the force be with you! Savi’s Workshop — Handbuilt Lightsabers is reopening at Hollywood Studios on Sept. 20, 2020.
Disney announced the exciting news on Wednesday, Sept. 9 and, yes, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experience will have limited capacity for health and safety reasons.
This means reservations are even more highly recommended. If you’re interested, you can start booking on Sept. 16 on Walt Disney World’s website or by using the My Disney Experience app. There might be even be walk-up availability, which you can check at the shop once Savi’s officially reopens.
Remember, you need a Park Pass reservation for Hollywood Studios before booking a Savi’s reservation. (Check out our step-by-step guide to the Disney Park Pass System.)
There are four different themes you can choose from when building your own lightsaber and they include:
- Peace and Justice: Salvaged scraps of fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships in Republic-era lightsaber designs
- Power and Control: Objects used are rumored remnants from the Sith home world and abandoned temples
- Elemental Nature: Components are born from the Force, such as Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones, or Rancor teeth
- Protection and Defense: Hilt materials with mysterious motifs and inscriptions
The price of one lightsaber is $199.99 (plus tax) and payment is due upon arrival at Savi’s Workshop. A carrying case is included. You can only build one lightsaber per builder per experience and the experience is limited to the builder and one guest (at least one person in your party must be 14 or older).
For more on Walt Disney World’s reopening we have a guide and a 2020 and 2021 vacation planner detailing everything you need to know.
- Disney After Hours Returning to Disney World in 2023
- How to Use Disney World’s Car Locator Feature in the My Disney Experience App
- Fantasmic Returns to Hollywood Studios in November 2022
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- New Early 2023 Disney World Resort Hotel Discount Available For Passholders
Wednesday 9th of September 2020
Any word if the experience(Show) is the same just with less people in there or is it not going to have the same amazing experience that goes along with building it?