May the force be with you! Savi’s Workshop — Handbuilt Lightsabers is reopening at Hollywood Studios on Sept. 20, 2020.
Disney announced the exciting news on Wednesday, Sept. 9 and, yes, the Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge experience will have limited capacity for health and safety reasons.
This means reservations are even more highly recommended. If you’re interested, you can start booking on Sept. 16 on Walt Disney World’s website or by using the My Disney Experience app. There might be even be walk-up availability, which you can check at the shop once Savi’s officially reopens.
Remember, you need a Park Pass reservation for Hollywood Studios before booking a Savi’s reservation. (Check out our step-by-step guide to the Disney Park Pass System.)
There are four different themes you can choose from when building your own lightsaber and they include:
- Peace and Justice: Salvaged scraps of fallen Jedi temples and crashed starships in Republic-era lightsaber designs
- Power and Control: Objects used are rumored remnants from the Sith home world and abandoned temples
- Elemental Nature: Components are born from the Force, such as Brylark trees, Cartusion whale bones, or Rancor teeth
- Protection and Defense: Hilt materials with mysterious motifs and inscriptions
The price of one lightsaber is $199.99 (plus tax) and payment is due upon arrival at Savi’s Workshop. A carrying case is included. You can only build one lightsaber per builder per experience and the experience is limited to the builder and one guest (at least one person in your party must be 14 or older).
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- We stayed in an All-Star Music Family Suite: here’s our review - September 28, 2023
- Chip ‘n’ Dale’s Harvest Feast at Garden Grill review: is lunch and dinner worth it? - September 27, 2023
- Be Our Guest review: is it worth it? - September 21, 2023