On January 6, Disney announced that Epcot’s newest attraction, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, will no longer utilize a virtual queue starting January 10, 2022.
This means that the trackless ride will move to a Standby Line. Plus, Individual Lighting Lane will continue to be offered.
This also means that there will be no attractions at Walt Disney World utilizing a virtual queue. But, that will most likely change once Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind opens this summer.
As stated by Disney, “Virtual queues continue to be helpful with the launch of popular attractions and the debut of new experiences and offerings, so we may use it again from time to time for select attractions in the future.”
In September 2021, Disney also announced that the virtual queue for Rise of the Resistance would be paused beginning September 23, 2021.
The popular ride at Hollywood Studios offers both a traditional Standby Line and an Individual Lightning Lane purchase option.
As a refresher, Individual Lightning Lane selections are not included with Disney Genie+ (the new paid FastPass service at both Walt Disney World and Disneyland). These are sold separately and are pay-per-use.
Pricing for paid individual Lightning Lane options varies by date, attraction, and park.
We’ll be sure to keep you updated if or when more virtual queue information is announced by Disney.
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Will Pause Its Virtual Queue
- Disneyland Testing Hybrid Standby & Virtual Queue For Rise Of The Resistance
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- Select Individual Lightning Lane Attractions Moving To Genie+ At Disney World For Limited Time
- Character Sightings Are Coming To Genie+ At Walt Disney World
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme - October 3, 2022
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian - September 27, 2022
- 2022 Holiday Offer Available For Disneyland Resort Hotels - September 27, 2022