Now this is exciting news!
On Sept. 14, Disney confirmed that Finding Nemo will continue to be a part of Animal Kingdom — and in the form of entertainment.
More specifically, a reimagined Finding Nemo — The Musical will debut in 2022 at Animal Kingdom.
We don’t have a lot of details yet, but here’s what we know. Currently, the updated version “is still in the early stages of development.”
When the original music does return next year, the show will be based on the same characters and see the return of fan-favorite songs, including “In the Big Blue World” and “Go with the Flow.”
Plus, there will be “new story material.”
That’s it! That’s all we’ve been told, right now. There might not be a lot of information yet, but it’s definitely nice to know more entertainment will return to the park in the near future.
If you didn’t know, a brand new daytime show is also coming to the former Rivers of Light stadium (the Discovery River Amphitheater in Asia) at Animal Kingdom for the 50th anniversary.
It’s called Disney KiteTails and will feature performers flying windcatchers and 3D kites, with some stretching 30 feet long.
The kites and windcatchers will depict well-known characters like Simba and Zazu from The Lion King and Baloo and King Louie from The Jungle Book.
And, of course, there’s also Festival of the Lion King, which guests can watch daily in Africa’s Harambe Theater at Animal Kingdom.
The more entertainment, the better, right?
- New Magic Kingdom Cavalcade & More Disney World Entertainment Announced
- Epcot’s Harmonious & New Magic Kingdom Nighttime Show Debuting For The 50th
- Finding Nemo: The Big Blue… and Beyond! Opens In June At Animal Kingdom
- Tumble Monkeys Returning To Festival Of The Lion King This Summer
- Festival of Fantasy Parade Returns March 9, Plus More Entertainment News