Some new celebrations in honor of Raya and the Last Dragon, the latest animated Disney release, are coming to Animal Kingdom in Walt Disney World.
On Monday, Feb. 15, Disney Parks Blog announced several ways the film will be recognized across the park.
These offerings are also a great way for guests to celebrate the movie featuring the voices of Kelly Marie Tran, Awkwafina, Sandra Oh, Daniel Dae Kim, Gemma Chan, and more.
First, guests will be able to draw characters from the movie starting Feb. 22 at The Animation Experience at Conservation Station. Specifically, guests will learn to draw Raya’s faithful companion and best friend Tuk Tuk, who is part-pill bug, part-pug, and part-high speed off-road vehicle.
The experience will also offer a behind-the-scenes look at the inspiration for Tuk Tuk shared by Tran (voice of Raya) and Awkwafina (voice of Sisu).
Note: The following image was taken prior to the current health and safety protocols implemented at WDW.
If that isn’t enough, at Discovery Island Stage, artists will be working on a 40-ton sand sculpture that will feature Raya, Tuk Tuk, Sisu the last dragon and the Ongi, set in the fantasy world of Kumandra.
The sculpture will be made entirely out of sand and it will take a team of two artists to complete it — in just over 24 hours.
Those visiting Animal Kingdom will be able to watch the artists at work beginning Feb. 19 through Feb. 21. The sculpture will be on display for a limited time through the end of March.
If you’re interested in visiting WDW anytime soon and to experience the Raya and the Last Dragon festivities, Small World Vacations can help you when it comes to planning.
- Earth Month 2021 Celebrations Announced For Animal Kingdom
- Affection Section At Rafiki’s Planet Watch In Animal Kingdom Is Reopening
- Animal Kingdom Adds Capture Your Moment Sessions Starting May 17
- How Disney World Is Honoring Asian Pacific American Heritage Month
- Harambe Market Reopening At Animal Kingdom Starting In November
- Walt Disney World Releases Extended Evening Theme Park Hours - July 30, 2021
- Best Vegetarian Options at Epcot Food and Wine 2021 - July 29, 2021
- Disney World & Disneyland Guests Must Once Again Wear Masks Indoors - July 28, 2021