More changes are coming to Disneyland Resort, including a much-needed update to Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel.
Plus, the Downtown Disney District will see some new dining additions. Keep reading for all of the details.
First, let’s talk Paradise Pier changes.
Disney has announced a Pixar theme for the hotel. There won’t be one particular movie focus, but it will celebrate Pixar films and characters as a whole.
Per Disney, “Guests will gain a new perspective on some of their favorite Pixar worlds and characters through carefully curated artwork, and décor that reveals the creative journey of the artists who helped bring these stories to life.”
The celebration of Pixar will be felt right as guests enter the lobby and see a giant Pixar Luxo Ball and Lamp!
If that isn’t enough, a new walkway leading into Disney California Adventure is currently under construction for Paradise Pier hotel guests. This is similar to how Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa has its own entrance to the theme park.
Plus, there are some other exciting announcements for guests staying at Disneyland Resort hotels:
- Later this year, expect to see the previously announced “Hey Disney!”(a voice assistant which works alongside Alexa on Amazon Echo) devices in Disneyland Resort hotel rooms.
- Later this summer, Disneyland Resort hotel guests will be able to send select theme park purchases back to their resort hotel.
- Finally, and also later this summer, early theme park access will soon be offered to guests staying at one of the Disneyland Resort hotels. This gives guests the chance to be among the first to enter and begin enjoying select theme park attractions and experiences.
Next on the list of Disneyland updates is at Downtown Disney.
Din Tai Fung Chinese, a family-run restaurant, is coming to the shopping and dining district.
Described as a “world-renowned restaurant,” Din Tai Fung will serve soup dumplings hand crafted right on site!
It will also bring flavorful Chinese cuisine to Downtown Disney, where guests can enjoy dishes served family style in a creative space near the new lawn pavilion.
Plus, there will be a reimagining of UVA Bar and Catal, with them being renamed Centrico and Paseo. These will be gourmet, Mexican-inspired dining locations and helmed by Chef Carlos Gaytán.
Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen is also receiving some updates by adding some “vibrant California energy and a fresh approach to the menu, while staying true to the heart of New Orleans for this guest-favorite location.”
And! Earl of Sandwich is returning with a special sandwich walk-up location, offering guests the classics they know and love for a limited time beginning later this year.
During Destination D23 in November 2021, we learned that the next evolution to Downtown Disney was being planned with work starting in January 2022.
As previously reported by the Orange County Register, this evolution also saw the closing and demolition of the AMC Theater, Earl of Sandwich, Sugarboo, and Starbucks West End coffee shop.
This multi-year project will reimagine Downtown Disney by including an even broader collection of shopping, dining, and entertainment experiences.
As stated by Disney, these changes draw “inspiration from Southern California mid-century modern architecture,” which means “the west-end area will be a beautiful blend of vibrant color palettes, design elements and patterns influenced by the region, and will include an open lawn for relaxation and future events, and an even broader and diverse collection of dining and shopping.”
As always, we’ll keep you in the loop as more details are announced.
- Disneyland Announces Early Entry & More For Resort Hotel Guests In Summer 2022
- 2023 Disney World Packages Available To Book June 8, Plus Genie+ Purchase Change
- 2022 Southern California Resident Disneyland Ticket Deal Now Available
- New 2021 Disneyland Fall & Holiday Room Offers Now Available
- Disney+ Day Grants Subscribers Early Entry To Disney World & Disneyland, Plus More Perks
- Disneyland Announces 2022 Holiday Events, Including World of Color – Season of Light - August 2, 2022
- World Discovery at Epcot (Cosmic Rewind, Test Track, Space 220) - July 27, 2022
- Our 9 Favorite Booths From Epcot Food and Wine 2022 - July 25, 2022