When purchasing your tickets for Disney World you have a couple of different standard options beyond the Base Ticket:
Park Hopper and Park Hopper Plus.
Both of these ticket add-ons have their own individual perks, but they might not be for everyone. Plus, they are an additional cost.
Park Hopper tickets allow you to visit more than 1 theme park on the same day, but what is a Park Hopper Plus ticket and how do they work?
Below we go over the ins and outs of Park Hopper Plus tickets, pricing, who should use them (we don’t always recommend these for everyone), and more.
How Park Hopper Plus tickets work
If you’re just beginning your Disney World planning, you’re probably discovering that you’ll have several different ticket upgrade options to choose from.
A Park Hopper Plus ticket (formerly called Water Park Fun & More) will let you enter all 4 of the theme parks at Walt Disney World (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Hollywood Studios, and Animal Kingdom) as many times as you want, for the same number of days that you purchased on your ticket.
You can “Park Hop” every day or just a couple days of your vacation.
Whatever combination you want, for the length of your ticket, you can enter, leave, and go to a different park as many times as your heart desires.
The Plus part of your ticket gives you even more options.
In addition to being able to hop between parks, if you have a Park Hopper Plus ticket you’ll be able to extend your fun beyond the 4 theme parks and into:
- Blizzard Beach
- Typhoon Lagoon
- ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course
- Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course – FootGolf
- Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course (prior to 4:00 pm)
- Winter Summerland Miniature Golf Course (prior to 4:00 pm)
But, while hopping from theme park to theme park is unlimited during the length of your ticket, the Plus options are not.
You are eligible for the same number of “Plus” option entries as the number of days on your ticket.
So, for example, if you have a 5 day Park Hopper Plus you’d get 5 “Plus” entrances. A 10 day Park Hopper Plus would give you 10 “Plus” entrances, etc.
Each Park Hopper Plus entry can be one of the following (and you can repeat things if you wanted to):
- 1 entry to Blizzard Beach water park
- 1 entry to Typhoon Lagoon water park
- 1 admission to ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex (note: your entry does not include any special event ticket costs)
- 1 round of mini golf at Fantasia Gardens (must be played before 4:00 pm)
- 1 round of mini golf at Winter Summerland (must be played before 4:00 pm)
- 1 round of golf at Oak Trail par 3 course (advance reservations are required, and the club rental is not included for adults)
How much do Park Hopper Plus tickets cost?
If choosing this option, add the following to the cost of each ticket (these prices don’t include tax):
- $85 per ticket for 1-day tickets
- $95 per ticket for 2 to 3-day tickets
- $105 per ticket for 4 to 10-day tickets
Through 2023, the ticket price caps at $159, with the least expensive remaining at $109.
Below is a look at what ticket prices are in 2022 after they saw an increase in February 2022.
Walt Disney World Park Hopper Plus Ticket Prices
- 1-2 days no change
- 3-day Park Hopper Plus was $437.07-$577.18, now $437.67-$577.18
- 4-day Park Hopper Plus was $546.65-$708.57, now $559.53-$708.57
- 5-day Park Hopper Plus was $575.39-$742.68, now $593.53-$761.22
- 6-day Park Hopper Plus was $589.62-$757.74, now $612.02-$784.07
- 7-day Park Hopper Plus was $603.89-$773.38, now $622.98-$806.78
- 8-day Park Hopper Plus was $629.99-$790.66, now $653.57-$828.03
- 9-day Park Hopper Plus was $647.83-$803.76, now $678.94-$844.66
- 10-day Park Hopper Plus was $665.52-$815.47, now $698.43-$863.16
Is it worth the cost to upgrade a base ticket?
One nice thing about Disney World tickets is that in many instances, you can upgrade them in the parks.
That means you don’t have to decide before your trip if you will hop or not; you can wait until you are there.
However, the bad part about that is that no matter when in your trip you decide to upgrade, you’ll pay the full price.
The cost to upgrade isn’t less if you wait until the last day of your trip to add the Park Hopper Plus option vs. doing it on the first day, so there is an advantage to upgrading earlier (rather than later) so that you can get the maximum value back out of your ticket.
We are firm believers that you don’t have to buy anything “extra” to have a magical vacation at Disney World.
But the truth is that you don’t HAVE to do any of those things, and even if you choose not to, you’ll still have a magical time. Do we like everything we just listed? Yep. They are all fun “extras,” but they are just that – extras.
Besides all the parties and desserts and princess makeovers, Park Hopper Plus tickets are another extra that you might be considering. For most trips that span 4 or more days, they really aren’t absolutely necessary. But, depending on your situation they *might* be one splurge that makes sense.
When should you get a Park Hopper Plus ticket?
People who plan to do a water park will often find it a good idea to get these tickets rather than buying the water park ticket separately.
How long are Park Hopper Plus tickets valid for?
How long a ticket remains valid depends on the type of ticket and whether you bought it as part of a package or not.
If you purchased your tickets outside of a package, your tickets are valid for the length indicated below.
Note: if you choose to add on the Park Hopper Plus you’ll notice that you get 1 additional day to use your ticket.
- 1-Day tickets are valid ONLY for the day indicated when purchased
- 2-Day tickets are valid for any 2 days within a 4 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (5 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 3-Day tickets are valid for any 3 days within a 5 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (6 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 4-Day tickets are valid for any 4 days within a 7 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (8 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 5-Day tickets are valid for any 5 days within a 8 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (9 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 6-Day tickets are valid for any 6 days within a 9 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (10 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 7-Day tickets are valid for any 7 days within a 10 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (11 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 8-Day tickets are valid for any 8 days within a 12 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (13 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 9-Day tickets are valid for any 9 days within a 13 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (14 days for Park Hopper Plus)
- 10-Day tickets are valid for any 10 days within a 14 day window that begins on the day indicated when purchased (15 days for Park Hopper Plus)
Walt Disney World Vacation Packages
If, however, you purchased a Disney World Vacation Package, your tickets are valid for the LONGER of either the standard valid length indicated in the list above OR the length of your stay.
So, for example, if you booked a 8 day package but you have 3-Day tickets your tickets are good for 8 days (the length of your stay) not the standard 5 days (per the list above).
AND, the reverse is true.
If you book a 3-night package but you have 8-Day tickets, you’ll have 12 days to use up all of your ticket entitlements (per the list above) not just 3 days (which is the length of your stay).
Frequently asked questions about Park Hopper Plus tickets
Can I use more than 1 Plus entry per day?
Sure! For example if you wanted you could play a round of golf and then hit one of the water parks, but keep in mind that would use 2 of your “Plus” entries.
Do I have to go to a Theme Park on the same day I want to use one of the Plus entries?
Nope! The 2 types of entries (Theme Park entries and Plus entries) are totally separate.
You can do both on 1 day (which would use 1 day of your park tickets and one of your Plus entries) if you wanted to, but you don’t have to.
Do I have to visit a theme park before I can use any of my Plus entries?
Nope! But, keep in mind that no matter how you use your ticket, whenever you scan it for the first time that starts the 14-day clock ticking (tickets expire 14-days after you first use them).
Can I use my Plus entries after I’ve used all of my Theme Park entries?
Yes. As long as you are within the valid window of your ticket.
Can I repeat things or can I only do each “Plus” activity once?
You can repeat them if you want to!
I didn’t originally purchase a Park Hopper Plus but now that I’m here, I want to. Can I upgrade?
Yes you can! Just visit any Guest Relations location at the parks or at Disney Springs and they’ll be able to upgrade your ticket.
Keep in mind, however, that no matter how many days you have left you’ll still pay the same flat rate to upgrade.
What if I don’t plan on hopping but I still want the “Plus” features?
Good news! Disney offers a Water Park and Sports option that is basically just the “Plus” options of a Park Hopper Plus without the hopping.
The price isn’t that much less, though, than the traditional Park Hopper Plus so unless you are absolutely sure you’d never want to hop, the regular Park Hopper Plus is probably the better value.
- Disney World Water Park Ticket Offer Available For Florida Residents
- Disney World Announces 2022 Disney Weekday Magic Ticket For Florida Residents
- 2022 Disneyland Park Hopper Ticket Offer Available For U.S. Military Members
- 2022 Disney World Hotel & Ticket Offers Available For U.S. Military Members
- New 2022 Disneyland Summer Ticket Offer Now Available For California Residents
- Disney Parks and Experiences: Every Announcement from D23 Expo - September 12, 2022
- Complete Guide to PhotoPass and Memory Maker - August 25, 2022
- Strategy & Tips for Watching Mickey’s Boo-to-You Parade - August 24, 2022