Just in time for the busiest part of the holiday season, Walt Disney World’s package pickup service will resume operation for a limited time.
According to a Dec. 16 report from BlogMickey.com, package pickup will return beginning Dec. 20 and will run through Jan. 2, 2021. This means, the service will once again be suspended starting Jan. 3, 2021.
Package pickup has been unavailable since WDW first reopened in July following its temporary closure. But, it’s returning for a short time during what could be a busy time at the parks.
For those unaware, package pickup allows guests to have merchandise they purchase in the parks taken to a designated location at the front of the parks so they don’t have to carry it around all day. They can then pick up their items on their way out of the park.
To be clear, package pickup will only be available at the theme parks. Resort hotel delivery still remains suspended at this time. Guests also have the option of shipping items from WDW to their home, but they must have a U.S. address to do so.
Here are the current pickup locations at the parks:
- Magic Kingdom: Chamber of Commerce
- Epcot: Gateway Gifts
- Hollywood Studios: Oscar’s Super Service
- Animal Kingdom: Park entrance near Guest Relations
It’s also important to note, the official WDW website still states that package pickup delivery is unavailable at the parks. “Package delivery to the front of our theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels is suspended,” the website reads. “However, shipping merchandise to Guests’ homes in the US continues to be available. Certain restrictions apply.”
We will let you know if or when the website is updated, in addition to if any other news is announced about WDW’s package pickup service.
- Park Hopping Changes & More Coming to Disney World & Disneyland
- 2023 Disneyland Packages Now Available To Book
- Disneyland Announces Early Entry & More For Resort Hotel Guests In Summer 2022
- Walt Disney World Closing Theme Parks Due To Tropical Storm Nicole
- Disney Dining Plan returns January 2024 (plus park reservations ending for date-based tickets)