Disneyland just announced some spook-tacular fun that will return to the happiest place on earth beginning in early September!
Not only are Halloween seasonal decor and treats coming back to both Disneyland Park and Disney California Adventure, but so is Oogie Boogie Bash.
There’s a lot to breakdown, so here’s everything you need to know.
The festivities officially kick off Sept. 3 and run through Oct. 31, so plan accordingly!
Disneyland Park Events
There’s a lot to look forward to at Disneyland, including:
- The return of the giant Mickey Mouse jack-o-lantern on Main Street, U.S.A. and other carved pumpkins for the “Main Street Pumpkin Festival”
- Disney characters in Halloween costumes (Mickey, Minnie, Jack Skellington and Sally)
- The Haunted Mansion will once again transform into Haunted Mansion Holiday with a Nightmare Before Christmas overlay
- “Halloween Screams,” a supernatural projection and special effects show will run in the evenings (there will be fireworks on weekend nights)
Disney California Adventure Events
Of course, Disney California Adventure will completely transform in a bunch of ways, like:
- Cars Land will receive it’s seasonal Radiator “Screams” makeover with decorations and attractions transforming into Mater’s Graveyard JamBOOree and Luigi’s Honkin’ Haul-O-Ween
- Guardians of the Galaxy — Monsters After Dark is also coming back (this is only at night; during the day it remains Guardians of the Galaxy — Mission: BREAKOUT!
- Mickey and friends can be spotted in Halloween costumes on Buena Vista Street, along with special decor, including a 10-foot-tall statue of the Headless Horseman
If that isn’t enough, from Sept. 3 through Nov. 2, Plaza de la Familia will return to Paradise Gardens.
This special event is inspired by Dia de los Muertos and features live entertainment, festive foods, crafts, and interactive experiences.
Several times daily, there will also be “A Musical Celebration of Coco,” a street show honoring Coco, along with Mariachi music at Paradise Gardens Bandstand, The World of Coco (an art exhibit), a photo opportunity with a hand-animated figure of Miguel, and the Arbol de la Vida (Tree of Life) photo location and memory wall.
Downtown Disney Fun
Even Downtown Disney is getting in on the Halloween fun with a new themed pumpkin hunt called Pluto’s Pumpkin Pursuit. There will also be decor and seasonal treats offered.
Oogie Boogie Bash
Finally, the separate-ticketed, after park-hours limited-capacity event known as Oogie Boogie Bash — A Disney Halloween Party is making its triumphant return!
The event will be held on 25 select nights from Sept. 9 through Oct. 31 and includes a variety of festivities.
To name a few of the offerings:
- Trick or treat trails
- Adults and kids can wear Halloween costumes
- Characters in Halloween attire
- “Frightfully Fun Parade”
- Villain’s Grove at Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- “Mickey’s Trick & Treat” show
Pricing starts at $114 per person. The party will run from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m., but you can get into California Adventure starting at 3 p.m.
Tickets go on sale Tuesday, July 13 at 9 a.m. PST. You can purchase them online.
While not as large, Walt Disney World will also celebrate Halloween beginning in August with its After Hours event called Boo Bash.
If you’re interested in visiting Disneyland during Halloween-time and attending Oogie Boogie Bash, an expert travel planning professional at Small World Vacations can help!
- Oogie Boogie Bash 2022 Tickets Go On Sale In June, Plus More Disneyland Halloween Details
- Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returning In August 2022
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Opens January 2023 at Disneyland, Plus More Disney100 Celebration Details
- Main Street Electrical Parade, World of Color, & Fantasmic Get Return Dates at Disneyland
- Disneyland Announces 2022 Holiday Events, Including World of Color – Season of Light
- Roundup Rodeo BBQ Opening March 23 at Hollywood Studios - January 25, 2023
- 2023 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival Dates Announced - January 18, 2023
- Ariel Meet and Greet, Enchanted Tales With Belle Returning to Magic Kingdom - January 17, 2023