Walt Disney World is trying to make right with guests whose vacations have been impacted by the resort’s temporary closure due to COVID-19 concerns.
On March 28, Disney announced a new recovery dining offer. The promo allows qualifying guests to take advantage of a vacation package offer that includes accommodations at a select Disney Resort hotel, park admission, and a Disney dining plan.
The promo is valid for arrivals on most nights starting June 1 through Sept. 30, 2020. You have to book through May 31, 2020.
Only eligible guests can take advantage of the offer, including those who booked a vacation package or room reservation to stay at a Disney Resort hotel from March 16 through May 31, 2020 (even if the park opens before then). The offer isn’t valid for reservations canceled before March 1, 2020.
Now, allow us to answer some questions that you might have, like:
What if I previously rebooked?
You are still eligible for the offer.
What if I already canceled?
As long as you canceled after March 1, you can still use the offer.
Does this apply to Annual Passholders?
This is a package promo, which means you have to buy tickets to get the deal.
Does this mean they plan to reopen by June 1?
As of right now, Walt Disney World is closed indefinitely (the same with Disneyland). So, this doesn’t mean they will reopen by June 1, but it seems like Disney is preparing in case they can open by then.
What else do I need to know?
- This offer cannot be combined with any other discount or promotion
- An advance reservation is required
- The length of stay must be between 2 and 14 nights
- Ticket requirements are: 2-day minimum; all ticket types included (Base, Park Hopper, Water Park & Sports, Park Hopper Plus)
- Campsites are excluded from the offer
- Children ages 3 to 9 must choose from the children’s menu when ordering, if available. Gratuities are also not included
- Everyone in the same room must be on the same package
Speaking of June 1, if you want to modify an existing reservation or book a future trip, reservations are currently available for travel dates June 1 and later. You can even modify the bookings if Walt Disney World opens before or after that time.
How do I book it?
Unfortunately, this offer can’t be booked online.
If you’re interested in the recovery dining offer, you must either call the Disney Reservation Center at (407) 939-4251 or contact your travel agent.
Is this a good deal?
That really depends.
Like with all discounts, it all comes down to the math.
Keep in mind that like with any Free Dining Offer, your room and tickets are not discounted – only the dining portion of your trip is.
Consequently, if the way your family eats at Disney World “fits” one of the Disney Dining Plans, it may be a really good deal for you.
But the only way to know for sure is to sit down and put pencil to paper.
We have a handy post that includes Disney Dining Plan credit values that can help you with that.
To keep up with all of the latest information regarding the temporary closure, check out our guide that answers any questions you might have.
- New 2021 Spring Into Magic Walt Disney World Offers Now Available
- Florida Resident Discover Disney Ticket Returns In January 2021
- New 2021 Walt Disney World Room & Ticket Package Announced
- Blizzard Beach Set To Reopen At Walt Disney World In March 2021
- New Summer 2021 Walt Disney World Resort Hotel Offer Now Available
- Epcot’s Festival of the Arts Returns In 2022 With Disney On Broadway Concert Series - October 21, 2021
- Where To Find The Fab 50 Gold Character Statues At Walt Disney World - October 20, 2021
- How to Book Individual Lightning Lane Selections at Walt Disney World - October 18, 2021