The virtual queue process for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance certainly doesn’t come without its challenges. From technical difficulties to trying to beat most everyone in the park for a boarding group, there’s a lot of stress with the process.
But, now, Walt Disney World is trying to make it easier and not as overwhelming for guests to snag a boarding group by announcing a new virtual queue process. Starting Nov. 3, the virtual queue update goes into effect.
What this means it that guests with a valid ticket or annual pass and a Disney Park Pass System reservation will now be able to access the virtual queue system via the My Disney Experience app and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation.
The above only applies to those trying to request a boarding group for the FIRST virtual queue opportunity.
That’s right, you can now totally be sitting inside your hotel room when trying to join the virtual queue.
What’s also great about this is it will most likely help with rope drop crowds, which have definitely been quite heavy thanks to the previous virtual queue system in which guests could try for a boarding group starting at 10 a.m., right at park opening. They also had to be inside the park to do so.
Now, you don’t have to be inside Hollywood Studios first thing. If you choose, you can take your time getting to the park.
To be clear, there still remains a second virtual queue opportunity that will reopen daily at 2 p.m. for those who weren’t able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. But, you must be INSIDE Hollywood Studios to request a 2 p.m. boarding group.
On Oct. 29, Disney also announced that there will be a change to Rise of the Resistance ride vehicles.
To try to maximize the number of boarding groups while also making sure they adhere to current health and safety guidelines, a clear barrier has been added between the two rows of seats on each First Order Fleet Transport vehicles.
Their hope is to be able to board more guests each day. And remember: virtual queue boarding groups are still limited and subject to availability.
For more information and a better understanding of how boarding groups work, be sure to check out our Rise of the Resistance virtual queue guide and also our tips page for what is currently one of the most popular rides across WDW.
- Disneyland Testing Hybrid Standby & Virtual Queue For Rise Of The Resistance
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind Virtual Queue Will Have 3 Drop Times
- WEB SLINGERS: A Spider-Man Adventure Will Pause Its Virtual Queue
- World Of Color Will Use Virtual Queue When The Nighttime Show Returns
- Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure At Epcot Dropping Virtual Queue In January
- Select Rooms at Caribbean Beach Receiving “Under the Sea” Theme - October 3, 2022
- Walt Disney World Temporarily Closing Due to Hurricane Ian - September 27, 2022
- 2022 Holiday Offer Available For Disneyland Resort Hotels - September 27, 2022