If you hate waiting in line to check out when shopping at Walt Disney World, there’s a new feature you just might love.
As of Wednesday, Dec. 2, My Disney Experience is testing out the “Shop in Store” feature, which allows guests to shop with the help of the WDW app and their smartphone.
This way, you no longer have to wait in line and can take care of your shopping all by yourself.
Plus, it might even end up being a quicker way to get in and out of a store, all while avoiding interaction with as many people as possible during an ongoing pandemic.
Right now, it’s only available at select stores. The last time we checked MDE on Dec. 4, Mouse Gear in Epcot and Pop Century’s Everything POP Shopping & Dining were the only shops listed where guests could test “Shop in Store.”
It seems like a pretty easy and convenient addition to both MDE and the Disney parks experience. Here’s how it works:
- You grab a designated mobile checkout shopping bag in the store
- You’ll scan the items in MDE that you want to purchase and then place them in the designated bag
- When finished, you’ll tap “check out” and pay for your items on your phone
- Upon exiting, you simply show a Cast Member a QR code and then you’ll be on your way
As for discounts, WDW Annual Passholders’ discounts will automatically be applied upon checkout.
Of course, we’ll keep you updated on any new details regarding “Shop in Store,” especially if the feature becomes available at other WDW shops.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023