If you hate waiting in line to check out when shopping at Walt Disney World, there’s a new feature you just might love.
As of Wednesday, Dec. 2, My Disney Experience is testing out the “Shop in Store” feature, which allows guests to shop with the help of the WDW app and their smartphone.
This way, you no longer have to wait in line and can take care of your shopping all by yourself.
Plus, it might even end up being a quicker way to get in and out of a store, all while avoiding interaction with as many people as possible during an ongoing pandemic.
Right now, it’s only available at select stores. The last time we checked MDE on Dec. 4, Mouse Gear in Epcot and Pop Century’s Everything POP Shopping & Dining were the only shops listed where guests could test “Shop in Store.”
It seems like a pretty easy and convenient addition to both MDE and the Disney parks experience. Here’s how it works:
- You grab a designated mobile checkout shopping bag in the store
- You’ll scan the items in MDE that you want to purchase and then place them in the designated bag
- When finished, you’ll tap “check out” and pay for your items on your phone
- Upon exiting, you simply show a Cast Member a QR code and then you’ll be on your way
As for discounts, WDW Annual Passholders’ discounts will automatically be applied upon checkout.
Of course, we’ll keep you updated on any new details regarding “Shop in Store,” especially if the feature becomes available at other WDW shops.
- Exclusive Annual Passholder Pop-Up Shop Coming To Epcot For Limited Time
- Fit2Run Is Opening A New Store In Disney Springs
- Chefs de France In Epcot Is Now Accepting Reservations For Early October
- Sanaa Now Offers Mobile Order With New Table Service To Go Feature
- Olivia’s Cafe At Disney’s Old Key West Resort Adds Mobile Order