Here is some breaking news regarding the sale of Walt Disney World Annual Passes.
New sales of select Disney World Annual Passes are currently paused until further notice.
The only Annual Pass that is available for purchase is the Disney Pixie Dust Pass, which is the lowest tier and is only available to Florida Residents.
So, if you were hoping to purchase the Disney Pirate Pass, the Disney Sorcerer Pass, or the Disney Incredi-Pass, you’re not able to do so as of right now.
Now, if you are a current Disney World Annual Passholder (of the old or new program), you are still able to renew into any of the four pass types at their renewal rate. You are also able to continue to visit the parks using your Annual Pass.
According to the official Disney World website, “We will continue to evaluate the return of new sales for these passes. Please check back here for the latest updates.”
We don’t know exactly why new sales are paused, but there’s a good chance that park pass availability is strained and Disney needs to limit demand, which we’ve seen happening at Disneyland with Magic Key holders.
Disney has made it clear for awhile now that “some Annual Pass types may be unavailable for purchase at any time.”
Scott Gustin tweeted late Sunday, Nov. 21, “Based on what I’m hearing, sales will remain paused through the end of the year and will resume at some point in 2022.”
We will of course let you know as soon as we learn more, especially when the sales of new passes resume.
You can read more about Disney World Annual Passes via our complete guide, where we also discuss whether or not purchasing an Annual Pass is still worth it.
- Disneyland Announces New ‘Magic Key’ Annual Pass Program
- Walt Disney World Announces New Annual Passes, On Sale September 8
- New Paid FastPass System Coming To Disney World & Disneyland
- Blizzard Beach Set To Reopen At Walt Disney World In March 2021
- Disney Reveals The Final Jungle Cruise Scene Still Has Ties To Trader Sam
- Story Book Dining & Boatwright’s Dining Hall Both Reopening In December - November 29, 2021
- Don’t Miss Small World Vacations’ 2021 Black Friday Offer - November 23, 2021
- New Sales Of Select Walt Disney World Annual Passes Currently Paused - November 22, 2021