We have both good news and bad news. We’ll start with the bad news first — Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party isn’t returning this year at Walt Disney World.
But, as we previously stated, there is also some good news. In place of the beloved party in 2021, a new Disney After Hours BOO BASH event will be held at Magic Kingdom on select nights beginning in August.
The event will begin on Aug. 10 and run through Oct. 31 from 9 p.m. to midnight (some event nights in August and September will be from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.).
Here’s what you can expect:
- Halloween-themed cavalcades
- Character sightings, including Dr. Facilier, Captain Barbosa, Goofy, Chip ‘n’ Dale, and more
- Performances by the Cadaver Dans
- Themed-food and beverages available for purchase
- Special decorations, lighting, and music
- Treat stops with candy
- Attractions, including Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Adults and kids can wear costumes (children younger than 14 are only permitted to wear costume masks; appropriate face coverings are also still required)
Tickets go on sale sometime in June and there will also be an early purchase window for guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels.
Tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom as early as 7 p.m. If you have a Disney After Hours BOO BASH ticket, you don’t need a day park ticket or a Disney Park Pass reservation.
As much as we miss MNSSHP, we’re big fans of After Hours events, including the low wait times for select attractions!
We will be sure to keep you updated when more information is announced about the event, including when tickets officially go on sale.
If you’re interested in visiting Disney World during the Halloween season (or anytime), Small World Vacations can help you with all your planning needs.
The following products and services give us a commission on sales.
Get our free Quick Start Guide
Have our guide delivered right to your inbox with our 6-step Disney World planning process to make it less overwhelming. Snag our free guide ➡️
Take our course
Check out our course that will help you learn all about Walt Disney World planning with dozens of videos and downloadables for each step along the way. Get access now ➡️
Our recommend travel agency
We partner with Small World Vacations, Diamond Level Authorized Disney Vacations Planners in business since 1996. Get a quote now ➡️
Want to stay deluxe on a moderate budget?
It’s 1 of our top fave ways to save! By renting DVC points, you can stay in deluxe accommodations for a fraction of the price. Check availability ➡️
Private car service
Quicksilver Tours will transport you in style. They assist with luggage at the airport, provide car seats, and include a free grocery stop. Book your car ➡️
Need a stroller, wheelchair, or scooter?
Buena Vista Scooters is a company with a great reputation who offers in-person resort drop off and pick up of strollers, scooters, and wheelchairs. Book your rental ➡️
- 2023 Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party Food (exclusive treats, dining options) - November 10, 2023
- Where to find the Characters at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - November 10, 2023
- Gingerbread houses at Disney World for Christmas 2023 (plus resort trees and other decor) - November 3, 2023